So, outside of the Caucasus region, the Balkan region is pretty much the only region of European universally agreed upon to be underrepresented now. So here is my idea for a Balkan DLC. Keep in mind, this would be after a Caucasus DLC that introduces a new Balkan architecture set for the Bulgarians and Byzantines, and some of the new civs would have the same thing.
- Albanians (Balkan architecture): Represent medieval Albania, including the Principality of Arbanon, the Kingdom of Albania, and the League of Lezhe.
- Croatians (Balkan architecture): Represent the medieval Croats.
- Serbians (Balkan architecture): Represent the Serbs, obviously.
- Vlachs (Eastern European architecture): Represent Wallachia and Romania, including the Transylvania region. Their unique castle is Bran Castle. Spooky!
The Vlad Dracula campaign is changed to be for the Vlachs instead of the Magyars and Slavs. The initial scenario is still for the Turks.
- Skanderbeg (Albanians)
- Tomislav (Croatians)
- Vlastimir (Serbians)
- Matthias Corvinus (Magyars)
EDIT: Since someone asked for it, here are the civ concepts for the proposed Balkan civs:
Balkan Architecture Set (unique castle: Prezë Castle)
- Sheep captured from twice as far away
- Stone mines last 25% longer
- All Blacksmith and University technologies (except Chemistry) researched instantly
- Scout Cavalry can be directly upgraded to Hussars in Castle Age; Hussars upgraded to Koursores in Imperial Age
Team bonus: Archery Range units move 10% faster
Unique Units: Stradiot (mounted crossbowman that fires a projectile which deals blast damage), Koursor (Hussar upgrade that deals bonus damage against archers)
Unique Technologies: Blood Feuds (Hussars and Stradioti deal double damage to converted units), League of Lezhe (mounted units take -10 damage from infantry)
Wonder: Ardenica Monastery
Balkan Architecture Set (unique castle: Trakoscan Castle)
Infantry and Naval civilization
- Receive two free Fishing Ships after building the first Dock
- Barracks, Stable, and Dock unit upgrades cost -10% in Feudal, -15% in Castle, and -25% in Imperial Age
- Villagers +1 attack per age (starting in Feudal)
- Careening, Dry Dock free
Team bonus: Docks work 15% faster
Unique Unit: Banus (low-attack cavalry with extremely high HP and defense)
Unique Technologies: Zupani (Barracks units +3 attack vs archers), Kondura (Galley-line gold cost removed)
Wonder: Church of St. Donatus
Balkan Architecture Set (unique castle: Belgrade Fortress)
Archer and Cavalry civilization
- Monks cost -50 gold, +50 food
- Villagers affected by Barracks technologies
- Archers, skirmishers, spearmen +1 pierce armor per age
- Light Cavalry and Hussar upgrades don’t cost gold
Team bonus: Stable units +3 attack vs infantry
Unique Unit: Gusar (light cavalry that charges up a trample attack by moving in a straight line)
Unique Technologies: Autocephaly (Monks regenerate faith 200% faster), Hajduks (villagers gain a charge attack of +15 and combat stance options)
Wonder: Gračanica Monastery
Eastern European Architecture Set (unique castle: Bran Castle)
Cavalry and Defensive civilization
- Location of herdables revealed on the map
- Scout Cavalry +15% speed in the Dark Age
- Spearman line trained 20% faster
- Stable units gain +1/+1 armor per age, starting in Feudal Age
Team bonus: Lumber Camps and Mining Camps provide +5 population
Unique Unit: Knez (cavalry unit that increases the range and attack of nearby towers and Castles)
Unique Technologies: Voivode (Castles built 100% faster), Romani Ironworking (Mangonel line costs -50%)