Ideas I do not support:
- +1 range making the Arbalest irrelevant. It’s already going to have more armor than generic archers with Pavise available and that’s going to make countering it even more dependent on siege than it already is.
Everything else is on the table. I’ll list all the ideas I actually think might work right here as the thread goes on:
- Improving the HP benefit from 5 to 10, making it a more stark contrast from the Arbalest by specifically emphasizing durability.
- Probably reducing the cost, since it represents a bonus that doesn’t exist anymore with former changes. Safe option.
- Upping the pierce damage by 1, but lowering it’s bonuses by 1, to make it a bit stronger against non-cavalry. Makes Genoese a more rounded unit without improving it’s best feature.
Here’s what I don’t like as of right now and the reasons why (it’s not a “no” just uncertain about it):
- Not a fan of trying to fill other holes in the tech tree instead of doing something about the elite upgrade, as a compensation. It’s all right in my opinion to have an elite upgrade that doesn’t really matter much, I just don’t think it should have a heavy pricetag on it when it does.