Idle villagers (lumberjack)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 37906
  • Platform: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: AOE II DE

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

:question: *Villagers getting idle with no apparent reason. It seems the stop working after crashing into each other and getting blocked for a tiny period. I’m uploading a video of a lumberjack, but this has happened also with collectors in the berries, miners, etc.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: *Just let them work and randomly you will get an idle somewhere at least in 80% of the games.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: *

6 Likes

Is true, I guess that is when send 3 or more vills to the same tree, the bug is very annoying

1 Like

Yes this happens. And I suspect it is related to the general pathing issues that are plaguing the game. Pathing is a huge issue in the game right now, and I hope it can be addressed.

2 Likes

Villagers pathfinding still an issue. It keeps happening like in the video above

Anyone else had villigers get stuck in an infinite loop going back and forth trying to walk past each other but just bumping?
And/or idle villigers not being selected when hitting idle villager hotkey?

1 Like

They are dancing :dancer:

1 Like

Yes. Sort of making paraboles. Happens specially at the berries to me. Those wouldn’t be idle. And also villagers cuing behind when you send them to repair something… supervisor complex.

1 Like

Yeah same issue a number of people are reporting in different ways… Afaik never happened before DE so clearly something they messed up…

1 Like

maybe he just wanted rest for a while ? villagers are not our slaves give them freedoooom !!! by the way this is so annoying.

2 Likes

FYI, I believe that this problem has also been/is being addressed in this bug report: villagers-blocking-each-other

1 Like

Hi, this issue remains after patch 40874… actually feeling it more often, perhaps that is just me. The villages getting stuck in a dancing loop (specially in the berries) haven’t been addressed either.

Are you sure?

The issue has been largely fixed for me. I regularly could easily replicate the issue, and now after the latest patch - I have not had any “villagers getting stuck” problems.

Granted, they will still bump into each other sometimes for a few seconds, but they eventually find their way and carry on with their respective tasks. Overall, a marked improvement from what we had.

Not sure if more often (perhaps just me I said), but the issue of them getting idle is definitely still there.