If someone doesn't have a specific mod when somebody host's the lobby, does it install it for them?

The title says it all. I was curious because like Steam Workshop, The mods can install before the user can enter the game. Does the Mod Manager have this feature? or the user has to manually install the mod before entering the lobby?

I know for sure that custom maps are downloaded for other peoples in the lobby if the host chooses one. I’m not too sure about whole custom game modes tho.

1 Like

Would Random Costs mod count as a game mode?

1 Like

I asked people who play random costs whether it’s downloaded automatically for players who join such a lobby without installing the mod first, and the answer is yes.

1 Like

As I know for data modes (3x tech mode, exploding vils, release balance etc.) Yes, it subscribes. But for Scenarios I think they are downloaded some kind of temporary folder.

1 Like

it does install for them, until you realize once you update the mod and they have incomplete downloads then it doesn’t auto update or download for them at all, and then proceed to start the game with players that has incomplete download only to ruin lobby and forces a rehost.

this is a reported, known issue with modders and modded games and still hasn’t even been acknowledged yet by the devs.

2 Likes