If we should be lucky enough to get DLCs after Dawn of the Dukes, I hope Forgotten Empires will venture outside of Europe

I would go with:
Zimbabweans, Kongolese
They didn’t use Cavalry, so a regional Infantry unit would be nice
Swahili, Somalis
Both were Muslims, also they ruled the Indian ocean trade
Songhai, Mossi
The Songhai come with their big enemies
Hausa, Kanembu
Big enemies of each other, neighbours

There are some civs left: Yoruba, Igbo, Ashanti, Senegalese, Uganda, Benin, Funj, Daju, Fulani etc.

I’d add a Yoruba civ that covers Benin, Igbo and every Yoruba state.
The Ashanti should be a aoe3 civ probably. Funj+Daju probably make sense as an umbrella civilization. Uganda and Senegalese could be good too. Fulani is more aoe3 imo.

4 Likes

If you want you can still come back and play AoE2 HD, no one forces you to play DE

1 Like

I would consider exchanging Swahili for Nubians and Mossi for Yoruba. I agree with everything else though

Someone remind me pls, honest question, how many civ slots are left?

Max count of civis is 48,37 already ingame.

Where does this maximum supposedly come from?

a source which has been ‘forgotten’ but people still spread it as either 50 or 48. Some even say it’s 75 haha

2 Likes

Nubians could come with Georgians in a “Defenders of Faith” DLC.

Nubians had no interactions with Somalis. Songhai and Yoruba only traded with each other.

1 Like

We seriously need Tibetans. They were a major empire in Asia during the dark ages and slapped the Chinese around a few times.

A glaring omission that ought should’ve been there within the first couple of expansions.

6 Likes

This is the original limit in the user patch and DE files also have the same count of slots as per seb from aokh.

1 Like

Those aspects can be invented to fit balance. Have been made before many times.
They could be a naval + trade civ with some market mechanic and then compliment that with a generic and broad tech tree. smth like portuguese.

They have modified so many things of the game that we would have thought impossible some years ago, so I don’t think they won’t be able to overcome the civ limit cap.
The 50 total civs limit should be rather seen as a realistic cap for what we can expect in regards to new dlcs. It’s ok if someone would like to see 10 new african civs and india divided in 7 different ones, but that goes beyond a realistic discussion and steps into the territory of what if.

That said I can see a second african dlcs with somalis, kanembus and swahilis. Nubians would play similar to ethiopians and hausas similiar to kanembus.

1 Like

Probably wanted to add the civ just because it is interesting. The 100 years war fascinates a lot of people, so Burgundians was basically what you would call the ‘low hanging apple’, but in a good way, imho it was a great choice.

The Sicilian Kingdom was pretty powerful for a while, able to resist pressure both from the HRE and the Byzantine Empire, so it’s not like they were a completely insignificant entity (and the Campaign turned out to be good fun imho).

1 Like

WEll both were kingdoms so make fine sense to me

and Italians were always Northern Italian peninsula in MEdieval, wihile the south was SSicilian

Userpatch is the thing that made most of these so called impossible things a reality DE still doesn’t have all the features from it. slots 49 50 are random and team random options so it unlikely it would be moved to go beyond 48 civis.

Yes we do. Stop trying to speak for everyone, especially since you have no idead what you are talking about.

6 Likes

Caucusus DLC

Armenia

Georgia

Islanders DLC

Taino

Zaputechs

Polynesians

Asian DLC

Tibetans

Cheloa empire

More Asian civs

Red Sun of Africa DLC

Congolese Empire

Kanhem-Bornu Empire

Kingdom of Zimbabwe/Mutapa/ Shona People

Kingdom of Ghana

Songhai Empire.

Swahili

4 Likes

Anybody ever feel like we already have far too many civilisations?

2 Likes

Nah.

We still can add some truely unique civs

5 Likes

Nubians fit very well into a East Africa DLC

1 Like

Nubians seem me too similar to Ethiopians. Archer focus in East Africa has been done already.