If you mainly play Age of Empires 3, why would you choose it over other similar games?

I only play age 3, but now I don’t even play that cause it blows now. RTS games are a commitment and now that the Devs f’d my learned experience of age 3 I don’t even bother playing anymore let alone another RTS that will take months to learn

Because of the time it represents. Because it allows you to explore cultures and places because globalization began at this time.

Because of the attention to detail, which makes it a very satisfying game to watch.

For the flexibility of mechanics and its wide range of possibilities (alliances with local populations, metropli cards, unique units, treasures, etc).

Because of the uniqueness of each faction (even if some of them look alike, or if you actually play the same civ as your opponent, there may be differences depending on cards, play style, etc.)

Because it is not too focused on Europe, and then the rest of the world (just so to speak). That is to say, the video game began with the theme of ‘the new world’ and shows us America as a rich and virgin territory, with a unique beauty. A place that surprises those who come from the old world. Although the representation of Central and South America is still a bit poor, it does quite well for a video game.

3 Likes

Aoe3 is unique, at the most I can recommend you starcraft 2 and Age of mythology

I play because I have played it for 17 years. I spend enough time on it that I can’t justify playing something else. That said I love the game so am perfectly fine with that. The day I stop this game my gaming career is over.

2 Likes

It has the best UI and control experience among all the RTS which still alive. That’s all.

AoE4 has a big huge backward of hotkey design, so I abandant it immediately. I’ll take a close look how friendly the UI of AOM Retold will be and decide which game to stay in. Because I’m starting to have presbyopia and my hands are already starting shaking.

2 Likes

Musketeers and pirates…then Napoleonic Era of course…

For the historical period,American Conquest and Cossacks saga…

2 Likes

I played age of Empire 3 when I was young, but I have experience points in the home city and rich card system functions, which are very interesting I really recommend playing age of Empire 3

1 Like

Bingo. 3 is designed to be fun, things move along fast, you can focus on your objectives and not micro-managing your town.

The card system is a perfect example of this. They give you an interesting choice every five minutes or so.

I tried 2 a couple of times… bo-ring. I’ll try again when the Rome DLC comes out.

1 Like

Jugue mucho el 2 y cuando salio su version de le puse muchas horas, pero ahora cuando intento jugarlo… me aburre, sinceramente me aburre xd y es que jugue tanto aoe 3 y le pille tanto el truco que el 2 se me hace un poco anticuado incluso el starcraft 2 y el warcraft 3 se me hacen anticuados (bueno el warcraft 3 se entiende por que ostras es del 2003 y con otras ideas xD) pero las campañas de ese juego eran joya

I think the Card system was totally ahead to his time. the story mode was really fun too but right now is no that impressive. The game mechanics are easy to understand but hard to master, the number of different civs are really good for a rts(Does not have the differences of races of Warcraft 3 but I prefer age 3 over 2 way more) and graphics are pretty nice, also the war atmosphere is pretty unique. Oh I almost forget, I love it music.

2 Likes

oye hay que admitir que la musica en general de la saga aoe 3 es una jodida pasada (osea genial) sip la campaña de aoe 3 ahora quizas no pegue tanto pero aun divierte algo, y hasta ahora no he visto ningun rts igual (por cierto la campaña de la india es una de mis favoritas en toda la saga aoe sinceramente ese dialogo final entre el coronel edwarson y nanib es una pasada)

Because it is based on my favorite eras: the Renaissance, the Age of Discovery, the Age of Enlightenment, the Napoleonic Wars, the Wild West, and the Victorian Era.

1 Like
  1. It is based on my favorite historical setting - colonial America and early modern history

2. AOE3 appears to be uniquely fast-paced and stimulating due its card system, lack of drop-off points and other inspired gameplay features. A game of AOE3 leaves me feeling energized and mentally stimulated whereas slow RTS like AOE2 often leave me feeling like a brain dead zombie at the end.

4 Likes

For me its the following, aoe2 requires extra effort, sometimes a lot of it, for smt trivial in aoe3, when you add personalized decks into the mix, it adds a lot of playstyles to all civs, meaning you can truly make any civ work with your approach

1 Like

Been playing on and off since 2007. Tried several other RTS but didn’t find them as fun or interesting.

1 Like

La camapaña de la India es muy buena, la mejor del Asian dysnasties, pero mi campaña favorita es la de Chayton Black, como arriesga su vida para ayudar a los Lakotas es muy epico

3 Likes

La de chayton igual me gusto (aunque más la versión original) no me mal entiendas, empezar la campaña peleando contra los lakotas, con el desconocimiento de que realmente ellos defendian sus tierras es bastante interesante, y más aun cuando llega el punto de quiebre, cuando tienes que defender la fortaleza de holme cuando esta siendo construida, y tienes que defender a los trabajadores de ataques lakota, en el momento en que holme te pide que ataques una aldea, la moral de chayton cambia drasticamente al ver que son mujeres y niños que no han hecho nada.

Algo que me molesto del remaster de esa campaña es lo que le hicieron a holme, lo hicieron un villano tipico de peli super caricaturisado, venga ya encerio me vienes a decir que le robaba los dientes de oro a los caidos? xd, en el juego original holme era ambicioso, pero si en un inicio queria compartir las riquizas con su amigo chayton, pero vio que este tenia otro punto de vista y que buscava la paz entre los colonos y los lakota, luego en las cavernas lo que demuestra que holme solo quiere las riquezas, es que cuando chayton le pregunta, ¿si se hubiese tratado de los colonos los hubieses asesinado tambíen? a lo que holme contesta “su sangre es del mismo color lo unico importante aqui es el oro” mostrando que su interes real era enriquezerse a cualquiera que fuera el precio, pero quien sabe quizas haya dibagado un poco

2 Likes

Estoy de acuerdo, prefiero la original, no es como si se hubieran cargado la historia por completo, pero siento mas valorable lo que hace Chayton en la original que en el remaster.

2 Likes

Played AoE2 since 1999.

Played AoE3 on release then on-and-off. Nostalgia + love the time period.

Then AoE3:DE happened and they added all this content and balancing. Not sure AoE2 is the best AoE anymore…

4 Likes

another point in my case, UI and controls of 3 were only really matched by aoe2 with DE, then 3 DE happened and added few more bells and whistles, aoe3 basically invented global queue, back with aom also settler counters per resource, global settler counter, control double click idle villager selection within camera (works per unit type + status), easy drag military with hotkey to dynamically enable/disable (alt), minimap showing exact fog of war for explored areas which aoe2 still doesn’t, could go on for a while, 10/10 QoL, even pre DE

1 Like