Imagine all forest is passable, all forest is stealth forest

Hi

Imagine all forest is passable, all forest is “stealth forest”. Isn’t it sound well?
We are not in time of 2D RTS, even game engine physics works with trees as separate objects. Also from my point of view stealth forest is losing its magic due to past time gameplays.
I can imagine forest (“wood”) as a totally specific terrain. General lower line of sight, which can be totaly switch of if your units are not “in it”. (There can be some exception for scout, etc.) Lower movement speed for cavalary (same as infantry?, plus no charge). Not passable for siege. Possibility of making buildings in forrest without cutting trees (there could be e. g. doubled time production, but lower cost of wood - “wood is cutted and also used”), same for walls (including parentheses of course).
I doubt Relic will grab it and make these changes. However I would like to know what do you think about it, guys. Let me know. (I have more issues which me bothers in the game and of course I know I don’t have to be right, that changes would be so great as I imagine. This writing is something like my first terapheutical seating :)))

See you in tha battlefield :santa:

1 Like

Interesting idea, but I am also sceptical if this would fit the current game. The “normal” forests are a quite important part of the defences on many maps. And if they would become passable, suddenly all maps are largely different than they are now (obviously Black Forest is the primary example).

Though part of the mentioned changes might be really interesting, with limits not only to the line of sight in existing stealth forests (no siege, no charge). Not aware if any of such dynamics exists now. Do they?
I have the feeling that maps with a lot of stealth forests (high view?) are not really special, once you have a couple of scouts out.

1 Like

That’s actually a cool idea. Maybe they’ll make a map like that.

One problem though is how separated the trees in stealth forests are. It makes it a pain for woodcutting.

1 Like

Hi
Thx for reply. I meant it like the forest could stay same (already now if the trees are not close each other you are blocked just by the tree trunk, e. g. current stealth forest).

1 Like

Cool idea, but we need the blocked forests for defensive reasons.

There is another RTS (I think Empires?) where the French have the ability to walk through forests instead of being blocked by them (only infantry). It’s a civ specific perk and I find that really cool. Introduces a whole element to map design and civ pick and walling differently if your opponent has that perk. I also think it would be really cool to have actual hunting through forests for a civ with such a perk, that would unlock access to more deer only this civ can access… Maybe infantry scouts as a civ unique unit…

High view is basically already this map, just with a couple woodlines next to TC.

1 Like