Impossible to hit some siege units with English trebuchet

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 5.0.8324.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

English trebuchet does not damage rams and mangonels at least.
By the way, the special improved trebuchet aoe (“area of effect” in this report) technology is weak or non-existent.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Play skirmish vs AI as English
  2. Go imperial and do all tech (especially the supposed improved trebuchet aoe damage tech)
  3. Start shooting at AI units.
  4. Result : At least rams seem immune to trebuchet. AoE damages doesn’t seem to work

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Trebuchet should obliterate anything it hits or at least seriously damage it. The aoe English tech should at least have a significant aoe.

:arrow_forward: Video

Tried ~20 times before doing this clip, changing position, with the manual targeting button or by right clicking the target,etc …, impossible to hit the ram :
Video clip of the bug
Same happened with mangonels in the same game.

3 Likes

I have seen the same on my side, specifically I saw trebutchets doing always 0 damage to mangonels during several shots.

1 Like

The treb aoe technology (Shattering Projectiles) not working is noticed and being looked at now (see other post). Trebuchets are hardly being used now so some fixes would be welcome.

Trebuchets would be the perfect counter siege weapon to defend from behind walls. This would be very helpful since the cannons are op and basically steam roll over any defenses. Unfortunately they are bugged and seem to do no damage to cannons - had many direct hits with no damage so I looked it up and saw this thread

Thank you @Mischkov! I’ll get this over to the team so they can check it out. Aoe issue is known and being worked on.

Much appreciated!