In every game my chat is set to everyone by default

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

In every team game, my chat is set to everyone by default. I have to manually change it to allies or else my enemies can see my texts and flairs. I have tried reinstalling and disabling all mods, did not work.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a team game.
  2. Go to the chat menu.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Chat set to allies by default.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I think it really should be more elaborate. It should always be allies, but if you only have enemies, or the only other humans are enemies, then it should default to everyone.

But in team games shouldn’t it be set to allies by default?

Yes. <20 characters>

Hi @NazmulHossain !

This does not happen to us, was that a Nomad game? It seems in your picture that you could only chat with Dae Joyeong.

After the treaty it should change to Allies

Let me know if it works like that!

No, it was not a Nomad game. And it happens to every game I play, even the ranked team games.

We could find a way to reproduce this, it seems it happens when half of the players have no team

Thanks for your report! We are now tracking this issue ^-^