In-game cinematic stuck

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

V. 100.12.1529.0
Steam
Windows 10

At the “reunion” in-game cinematic both males move into position, but the female Indian never moves. So, nothing happens. It is just stuck there, the horse moves its head, and the flag moves on screen, so the game has not frozen. But nothing happens, had to skip the in-game scene to get it to move onto the next chapter of the story.

Kind Regards:
SpecH82T

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The in-game cinemtaic should play as intended

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

Cinematic is stuck

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

16 Likes

I also ran into this issue. I got past it by hitting esc but I would like to watch this cinematic when it is fixed!

4 Likes

Happened to me too. Replaying the cinematic doesnt help

4 Likes

Hi SoecH82T

I sadly don’t have a fix for this issue, however I believe that this bug might be related to the bugs with soldiers/explorers getting stuck on certain spots whilst playing. The cut scenes are rendered in the game engine, so I think the chances are high these 2 bugs are actually one and the same!

2 Likes

Here is the cinematic from the original game

2 Likes

Thanks for this, I’ll have a look. Hope they fix it in-game soon. But at least they know about the issue now.

Kind regards:
SpecH82T

• **BUILD #: 100.12.1529.0
  • PLATFORM: Xbox app for windows

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

During the cutscene ‘Reunion’ (in the campaign Blood, Ice and Steel) the characters turn around and stand still, as if waiting for something, then get stuck and stay there forever.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch the cutscene ‘Reunion’ from the ‘Blood, Ice and Steel’ Act II campaign

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

the cutscene is presumably supposed to progress and end some time before the heat death of the universe.

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Game stops at the point pictured below (though animations continue, the cutscene idles there)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Yup stuck in same point on steam edition.

Thank you for Posting @SpecH82T
I am Experiencing the same issue.

INFORMATION

Game: Steam

PROBLEM

Cutscene is not progressing further (stuck). Game works fine. It is just Cutscene doesn’t progress further I had to press and hold Space key to skip it.
There might be more of them. I came across these ones. Click on the names below to Watch the Video

VIDEOS

• BUILD #: 100.12.1529.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

After completing the mission, the cutscene just freezes in the spot referenced in the provided screenshot and does not advance. The flags still move, the horses still move and ambient sound effects are still playing, but the cutscene just simply does not advance. I have shut down the game completely and reloaded twice, using the “Continue” option from the main menu, but it does not fix it.

EDIT: Additionally, it seems if I scape out of the cutscene, rather than advancing to the next mission in the Ice Campaign, it advances to the last mission of the Indian Campaign.

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

1. Play through the rescue and watch the cutscene? I don’t know. That’s all I did. The campaign just doesn’t advance beyond this point.

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I imagine that the cutscene is supposed to play and then advance to the next mission.

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

The cutscene freezes and it does not advance.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

• I’m not really sure what to list here. The only files in my savegame folder is a list of home cities, but none that are clearly identified as being the file associated with the campaign.

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

3 Likes

Hi LocTalon,
Someone else in the community has also reported this same issue, maybe you could take a look there:

Not sure if there is a fix there, but this issue is more wide spread.

Yours Truly,
MainAkkount

2 Likes

Yeah! Seems like it’s the same issue. The difference I’m seeing is that it was suggested in some of the comments that if you Escape out of the cutscene it advances to the next mission. But, when I try that, it advances to the last mission of the Indian Campaign, which seems to be another issue that’s been reported. So, currently, I’m locked out of being able to finish Act II of Blood Ice and Steel, until that gets resolved. Fortunately, there’s still tons of other content in this DE that I can occupy myself with, until then. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. :confused:

1 Like

I’ve noticed the same problem in at least two other cutscenes in the vanilla campaign so far:

• Act 2, “Headed West”, during the night camping scene.

• Act 3, “Back To Florida”, in the Circle camp Beaumont never starts his dialogue.

I’ll keep posting if I find more.

2 Likes

I have experience this issues too… im very dissapointed… they didnt test the campaign, for sure.
I really would like a refund.

• **BUILD #:100.12.1529.0
  • **PLATFORM: Steam

Stuck Cinematic on the Act 2 “Headed West”

• 100% of the time after hit the button to resume your progress (ALWAYS)

Cinematic continue as intended

Cinematic stuck

4 Likes

Having exact same problem at exact same screen. A few cinematics in the campaigns get stuck. At least ESC bypasses them.

1 Like

• **BUILD #:100.12.1529.0

The cinematic Back to Florida from Act 3 also get’s stuck and doesn’t end.

1. Load Back to Florida cinematic.

Cinematic should play normally.

Cinematic get’s stuck

3 Likes

• BUILD #: 100.12.1529.0

The cutscene starts with John and Kanyenke crouching down, and then they get up, move to the center of the plaza, and just stand there looking pretty for all eternity (or until you skip the cutscene)

1. Launch the Reunion cutscene
  2. Watch

The cutscene is supposed to play out normally, and give you some nice story

The cutscene gets stuck, and prevents you from enjoying the story