In Guiscard Arrives campaign scenario, heroes do not gain attack or HP stats

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.58850.0 8160343
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
In the Guiscard Arrives scenario, it’s intended that hero units (like Robert Guiscard) will gain bonus HP and attack if they fight enemies. This does not happen, and they remain at the same HP and attack for the entire mission, not matter how frequently they’re used. Note: this isn’t an issue of other units getting last-hit on enemies, it will happen if only Guiscard fights and kills enemies.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Launch the Guiscard Arrives scenario from the de Hauteville campaign.
  2. Attack enemies with Robert Guiscard.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Robert Guiscard’s stats increase.

Hi @Kane8202 !

Thanks for this! We are now tracking this issue ^-^

Hi Dev,

The bug is still found in 2023.

And i did some debugging hopefully this might help

robert Guiscards stats(initial)

HP: 150
melee: 14 + 1
m/p armor: 2 - 2 / 2 - 2

stats (after upgrade)
HP:200
melee 14 - 12
m/p armor: 2 - 2 / 2 - 2

Using Genie editor to edit roberts base stats
melee damage: 40
armor stat: 10/10

stats (inital in - game)
HP:150
melee: 14 + 27
armor stat: 10 - 9/10 - 9

stats (after upgrade)
HP:200
melee 14 - 12
m/p armor: 10 - 9 / 10 - 9

It might be a script tied to the campagin hard coding the values or a unit level script(however this is not found for other campaigns with heros “leveling up”)

It’s most likely a consequence of the broken “Modify Attribute” trigger, which has been pointed out in other threads. The game is interpreting adding attack/armor as setting it to that value (ie. “+1” attack is interpreted as “set attack to 1.”

1 Like

amazing how this was a bug very long ago, fixed, came back, fixed and came back again. amazing how such poor work can be considered professional.

1 Like

As @SirWiedreich said, this is a consequence of “Modify Attribute” trigger breaking.

Thanks for insight.

Appreciate it

I think its worst now it gets minus 12 (14-12) damage and totally become useless unit.I started the campaing on hard dificulty Robert Guiscard’s start with 14+1 damage , after first upgrade his damage become 14-12 with iron casting it becomes 14-11 with another upgrade it becomes 14-12 again.I wish it remain in same attack instead.

2 Likes