Inca review + discussion + rework suggestions

Incas are the “Swiss army knife” of meso civs. Their idea is that they are less focused toward something (infantry for Aztecs, Archers for Mayans) but can do both and also have good Siege and acceptable Monks. They are the Malians of meso. Any buffs, if needed, should go into this direction. So absolutely no to cheaper Eagles, Eagles are already oppressive enough and Incas have an eco bonus (cheaper houses).

I would buff if anything the Slinger, maybe give them innate Ballistics, or buff their range. Biggest problem with Slingers is that it’s hard to tech into them because you need Archery Range (175w), Food gathering (Eagle flood eco normally has like 8-10 farmers so it’s hard to justify Slingers transition), 1-2 range upgrades (Fletching/Bodkin etc.) and ideally you get Ballistics too. Often to counter Longswords or something that are countering your Eagles. Maybe it’s intended that it’s this hard to tech into them but I wish it was a bit easier, would fit the Incas “versatility” theme.

2 Likes

I kinda like this suggestion. I have yet to see a compelling reason to use Incas swordsmen line in the late game. Or making barracks for other than eagles.
Team bonus could just be swordsmen line +2 LOS and eagles can be left untouched.

But it would be too inconsistent, I mean check other TBs.

The Franks, Japanese, Magyars and Tatars TB each only affect only one unit line, so +2 LoS to militia line would be perfectly consistent here.

4 Likes

Just make Militia and Spearman lines affected, don’t touch the Eagles

1 Like

Also add Mongols to that list, even though that one is really strong. But that’s also one unit line.

The point is that this is the norm for TBs, not inconsistency :slight_smile: