Incas September buff suggestions

Monks gain +15% base walking speed in castle age And +10% walking speed afterwards when holding a relic in imperial age.

Team Bonus: changed from the speed increase in farm building time to - special unit training time reduced by 20%+

Eagle warrior line for incas gains +10% movement speed in imperial age

All units, including villagers, gain +3% movement speed per relic garrisoned in a monestary up to 5 relics

Monk conversion speed increased by 25% for faster conversions and conversion range increased by 3

1 Like

Why Incas need Buff when they are already a solid civ in all ELO ranges, go and check AOE stats and boom!! At the top 5

2 Likes

I think a more fun team bonus should be the following:
Inca Team Bonus: Suicidal units deal +100% damage to units and have +0.5 more splash radius.

This should affect Petards, Demolition Ships, Flaming Camels, and Saboteurs, and make Incas a consideration for team games played over water.

Edit - perhaps this is a bit OP on water. If so, we could edit it to just say “+100% damage to land units”, or make the bonus a flat number, or make it just +1 splash radius with no damage increase. (So demos still kill a lot more crossbowmen, but they cannot single-handedly kill fire ships of the same age.) I was also hoping this would be a way to make Tatar flaming camels more viable in team games with Inca allies, which was why I suggested the damage bonus.

2 Likes

That would make flaming camels insanely op vs cavalry and elephants.
They traded very cost effectively before the buff and you’d increase that further?

Flaming camels are supposed to counter cavalry and elephants, like Kamayuks, genoese crossbowmen, or any other camel unit (camels, camel archers, etc). Flaming camels are not supposed to trade evenly against cavalry; they’re supposed to be a lot more efficient and cost effective.

Any historical reason there?

3 Likes

No historical reasons behind this suggestion, sorry. I thought this could’ve been added to any civ, but the Inca farm team bonus is the one people seem to complain the most about. (Understandably, the first few farms in Feudal age are very critical in many builds and it gets very annoying to have to wait those extra seconds for Horse Collar to hit ~70%.)

1 Like

Incas could get something like 50% faster working market as team bonus. It wouldn’t affect their 1v1 play but slightly improve their TG viability where they’re imo weak

2 Likes

Incas didnt trade in real life

Well, after I checked the tech of Inca of Aoe3, I think the free llama can be the team bonus and add a small new eco bonus like miner carrying 15 more gold since there is a miner bonus for Inca.

2 Likes

No? For Portuguese perhaps

3 Likes

I think that’s a good idea. Fits the theme and far more useful than early cartography…

3 Likes

scary combination with Spanish.
Faster trade boom with better returns

1 Like

I like the early cartography, it makes sense for the Portuguese, but it’s kind of a shame it drags the civ down. And having free LoS in the lobby settings won’t make this bonus’ case any good 11

3 Likes

Extra speedy eagle warriors lmaooooooo

No. Just no man, please

Courier (replaced by Fabric Shield later) in the older patch actually granted Kamayuk, slinger and Eagle warriors +10% movement speed. But it seems not to help much. So it changed to +1/+1 armor. I don’t think +10% movement speed would make eagle warrior OP. It helps more for Kamayuk reaching archers. However, I prefer Incas to remain unchange as Incas is balanced and doing absolutely good.

1 Like

I think that they had the right idea with the speed boost.
Alongside the pierce armor buff the speed boost works and does its job by boosting anti archer capability by escaping arrow fire more quickly and the ability to pick fights when facing aztec/mayan eagle warriors.

What we need is incas to lose blacksmith upgrades affecting villagers during feudal age.

Change their amazing team bonus to something way better, like eagle +2 attack vs archer line, that would be a good bonus something like the persian for knights but for eagles.

3 Likes

What about something mind bending like “non UU infantry get +2 attack vs archers” (spears, swords and eagles) so it’s not just limited to 3 meso civs.

1 Like