Indians need MOST of any civ to be split into many civilizations

I think it will be a nice unique idea, zamburaks

Camel mounted gunner, maybe use a double humped camel to represent the cold deserts of Afghanistan.

2 Likes

Not existed in the Middle age.
And I even not support that Afghans independent from Persians in the game. I had stated the reason before.

If the range unit could have a melee combat ability, it should be considered about the crossbowmen and skirmisher first.
It can work in Aoe3, however it is not the way Aoe2 should be like, not just the problem of how to switch.

So I still not support chariots to be a trainable unit and even to have both melee and range attack since both the historical fact and the design of the unit of the game could not persuade me well.

1 Like

but you support Netherlanders?

didn’t afghans exist in the same way?

I don’t support Afghans because it is already represent by Muslim Persians in the game, not because Afghans didn’t exist in the Middle age.
Who didn’t exist in the Middle age are zamburaks. They didn’t existed until 18th century so they are too late to be the unit.

BTW, even I had supported the Netherlanders, but I would more like Burgundians to represent them for more cover and usage in the game and keeping the accuracy in some degree.

https://steamusercontent-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1458555330802729508/9C0D73918DA037CD9BCDEA96D19AA4B1C2A50CC1/

1 Like

Neither should be in the game, because neither are at all Medieval.

Teutons and Vikings already cover for the Dutch too.

1 Like

Burgundian had covered it and that era was the most important in the Medieval Netherlands.

i would like to politely disagree
for 2 reasons
one
they are original units, never change them in radical ways
two
chariot is a uu
every uu has something special

1 Like

still looks a tad too big,
probably too late for the change though
did india have unusually tall people?
just making sure im not missing something

India = The Great Khali.

unless

Someone give me a campaign idea (hero, villain, or side character) or battle
QUICK

Muhammad Ghouri’s conquest of Rajputana

Ofcourse, anyone who know even a bit about South Asian history knows the fact that all Afghans are South Asian and had very little to do with the Persians.

Since it is hard to explain it Culturally to you, or show you the linguistics, ill use this method.

If you look at both the geography and population distribution of the land, of Iran and Afghanistan you will understand.

You can see a continuous thick red line following the Ganga into Punjab all the way upto Afghanistan.

Now have a look where Afghans actually live in that vast stretch of land.

i.e. They all live in the eastern corner, bordering the very famous Kashmir.

Now have a look at where the Pashtuns (the ethnicity referred to as Afghan historically) actually live

They are 100% South Asian. Look it up. They are decidedly not MidEast.

1 Like

hero, or villain? (or side, such as ally>enemy or neutral>ally or just ally)
also
campaign or battle?

also,
elephants were a symbol of power in Afghanistan
so give them non-elite battle elephant, and if they are a gunpowder civ, a siege elephant (to accompany the Zarambuk), how does that sound?
also, the middle eastern architecture or the Indian architecture?

Then the Britons should have the Woad Raider size increase, since the tallest man was American.

Also, a lot of Celts and Norse on this list, with a few Turks too.

LoL :rofl: :rofl: wait for it, the Dinka people of South Sudan:

3 Likes

Lets get back to the pressing issue.
Indians must be broken down into:

• Afghans (Modern day Northern Pakistan and Afghanistan, Everything North of “Indians” below)
  • Indians (Delhi Sultanate+Rajputs, Modern day Indus and Gangetic Plains)
  • Marathas (Modern day Central India)
  • Oriyas (Modern day Central East India)
  • Palas/Bengalis (Pala Empire, Modern day Bengal+Bangladesh+Assam)
  • Kannads (Vijayanagara Empire, Modern day SW India)
  • Tamils (Chola Empire, Modern day SE India)
  • Sinhalese (Theravada Buddhist Empire in Sri Lanka (similar to Burmese))

In accordance with AoC developer who himself said, that Indians shouldn’t have been one civilization, but could have been 8.
And again, each of these had a population(and still has population) and GDP atleast 20x what the already existing civilizations Portugese, Goths or Celts represent.

The Civilization designer for AoC himself said, that Indians should never have been one civilization, but 8 civilizations

And yes, as I explained with actual real world maps and geography, Afghans are 100% South Asian, with Indian (broad sense term, historical India) culture and heritage. And even genetics.

They all live in the eastern corner, bordering the very famous Kashmir .

2 Likes

The fact that Afghans were not Persians is not conflicted with the fact that Medieval Afghan dynasties were also Islamic Persian dynasties. Any independent dynasty there? The other hands, separating the Afghans from Persians is the “de-Islamization” to the in-game Persians, making them only can cover the Sassanid Empire. Such an undeserved catastrophe to the Persians.

Such a disaster to the structure of a game. Overcategorization.
The game is the game, not the textbook or the encyclopedia of the ethnic groups or history.

1 Like

3 or 4 indianish civis are more than enough.

1 Like

must is a strong word. there is nothing that “MUST happen”, except delivering a working bug free game.

so the dev said they “The Indians, there wasn’t AN Indians, there was like 8 Empires up there all together, which means you could actually have a whole expansion just on Indian Civs, which would be cool”, and you take that to mean that they

8 civs. do you see the issue there?

1. no where did he say that they should have 8 civs, just that there was 8 to choose from.
  2. no expansion has had more then 5 civs
  3. no where did he say they SHOULD do it, or MUST do it, just that they COULD do it.

and if these had any bearing at all on what civs get picked, those civs would have already been implemented into the game over other civs like the Huns, Tatars, Portuguese, Meso Civs, and Cumans.

but seeing as they haven’t yet been implemented into the game, your claims have no truth in how they determine what and who gets picked for inclusion into the game. after all we have had civs who never built a darn thing added to the game, we have had civs with less then 5 million population in modern times added to the game.

he said they COULD Have been an expansion on Idians, not that they SHOULD have been 8 civs. stop twisting his words to push your own agenda.
for those who want the source and to see the devs own words on it instead of relying on @parthnan’s twisted version of it, the video is below.

His words “The Indians, there wasn’t AN Indians, there was like 8 Empires up there all together, which means you could actually have a whole expansion just on Indian Civs, which would be cool”

The Indian subcontinent would be fine with 2-3 more civs representing them, and does not absolutely need a full 8 civilizations.

6 Likes