INFANTRYS CAN CONSTRUCT SIEGE EQUIPMENTS! NICE!

As you can see this ,yes!! that 's right, i think there will be many tactics for this new mechanics! What do you think now?

6 Likes

This is really cool! I can’t wait to play AoE 4!

1 Like

This works really nice for the rams and siege towers, to save time with bulky units crossing the map.

1 Like

I actually whish that siege towers actually play a roll in this game .I don’t want them to be like aoe 2 towers , that would be pretty bad. Infact there should not be even a single thing (including buildings like wonders, units like siege towers and mechanics like diplomacy etc) which don’t serve an attractive purpose in the game.
right?

2 Likes

Mongol Infantry and Archers can construct all Siege Weapons.
Every other civilisations Infantry and Archers can only construct Siege Towers and Rams.
The Siege Workshop is a Castle Age Building but the Siege Tower and Ram are available in Feudal Age.

1 Like

It is very poor design to include any unit, building, or technology in a civ that does not play an important role. If something isn’t worth using, then it is not worth including in the civ. Obviously some units, building, and technologies will (and should be) be more important than others, but every single one should at the very least carry their own weight.

2 Likes

Nice approach in my opinion. I want AOE4 to be more fast paced than AOE2. Despite still being an AOE2 player I still not a huge fan of 10 min slow Dark Age eco.

1 Like

exactly my point :+1:

I hope with the added ability to build siege engines, the infantry will be used more than they were used in AoE2. In many ranked games i watched so far they are not often used after the early game stage.

It’s mostly the militia/swordsman-line that is pretty situational compared to it’s counterparts in the crossbow and the knight. However among non-gold units spear/halb infantry are by far the most used compared to skirms and scouts.

2 Likes