Ingame tech tree

@the_choson_one said:

@gio87vr said:

@the_choson_one said:
LoL, after 20 years I think I have memorised nearby all techs and units available for each civ… but a tech tree would be great, and quite necessary for new players.

I played too many games in 20 years, it’s impossible for me to remember everything.

Me too, but I think AoE is one of the very few videogames I have dedicated the most hours in a lot of years (like Civilization II, for example), so is one of that few exceptions.

Ah, I feel you, in my case I think is one of the 2000s Tomb Raider games, TR Legend maybe, it was a little too short but I remember everything about it, secrets and all.

This is absolutely something that most of us would welcome.

@gio87vr said:

@rlagore said:
I imagine that since they’ll be making enough changes to completely invalidate the old booklets, and most of us have probably misplaced or lost them by now, they’ll have to provide documentation. It definitely needs to be in-game. I’d also like a wiki page of sorts listing prereq technologies, weak against, strong against, etc.

I think you are mostly right but about the booklets I have found them as PDF files on the net fairly easily. I hope I don’t infringe any rule posting this (in any case I can edit it out) but here’s the link: Downloads / PC (DOS/Windows) Game Manuals - replacementdocs

Wow man! I would give you 10 likes if I could. Never expected to see a digital manual from those AoE games in my life!

Ditto. Include in game tech tree.

@KingDarBoja said:

@gio87vr said:

@rlagore said:
I imagine that since they’ll be making enough changes to completely invalidate the old booklets, and most of us have probably misplaced or lost them by now, they’ll have to provide documentation. It definitely needs to be in-game. I’d also like a wiki page of sorts listing prereq technologies, weak against, strong against, etc.

I think you are mostly right but about the booklets I have found them as PDF files on the net fairly easily. I hope I don’t infringe any rule posting this (in any case I can edit it out) but here’s the link: Downloads / PC (DOS/Windows) Game Manuals - replacementdocs

Wow man! I would give you 10 likes if I could. Never expected to see a digital manual from those AoE games in my life!

Glad to be of any help, thank you too!

it would be a pre if it would be in game, but i don’t mind it being on a website.
Any indication on when there will be a version available?

@KingDarBoja said:

@gio87vr said:

@rlagore said:

Oh my god, those manuals have years, even I submitted to other plataform somes.

@Augustusman said:

@KingDarBoja said:

@gio87vr said:

@rlagore said:

Yeah but I never thought they were on a web page because of copyright and stuff.

@KingDarBoja said:

@Augustusman said:

@KingDarBoja said:

@gio87vr said:

@rlagore said:

Yeah but I never thought they were on a web page because of copyright and stuff.

Naaaaa. Always the internet is a library of knowledge , even for game PDF.