Initialization failed Failed to initialize Bcore, Error 9

Hi guys!
I bought PC Gamepass and downloaded Aom Retold. It won’t launch. It says:
Initialization failed
Failed to initialize Bcore, error 9
I also have a message before this error that says:
Drivers out of date
Out of date drivers detected, the game will attempt to run however it is highly recommended to update your drivers.
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050
Your version: 27.21.14.5167
Recommended Version: 30.0.14.7514
Please help solve this. Have a nice day!

1 Like

Having the same issue. first it was just Initialization failed, now Initialization failed BCore,Error 9. haven’t played the game since it launched. tried all the recommended fixes even did a clean win 11 installation nothing works. nothings out of date, no game input services, C++ installed,repaired… nothing works
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3d
MSI PRO B650-s
32GB Ram 6200 MTU
RTX 3090

i am in the same situation, first was initialization failed, now Initialization failed BCore,Error 9, i already did the most popular recommendatios but nothing works.

1 Like

Hi. I contacted support yesterday. It says that they will answer in 48 hours, so hopefully help will come soon. I asked for their help in Aoe4 about a year ago, and they answered that time. If I don’t forget i will copy their answer here, so that it can help you too, but maybe you should contact them, just to be sure :wink: and maybe they will adress the problem faster, if they see that more people have the problem.

I solved the out of date driver problem by updating the video card driver.

Peace

1 Like

My brother found a sure fire fix for his issue, quoting him:

Open task manager, find GameInput Host Service (or GameInputSvc.exe), right click, End task. Relaunch the game.

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly I have already tried it, and it still won’t launch.

Same here and none of the steps working

I did the same, got feedback. Sent all Diagx files and crash logs like they requested. Its been 9 days without any response

Yes same here, paid for xbox game pass to play AOM untold, downloaded it, Bcore error code 9. I have done all the “fixes” but nothing works.

1 Like

Hey, sorry for posting this so late, I didn’t have any freetime during the week.
I got the email from the support team.
I will try out the possible solutions, if something works for me, I will write it down, so you can start with that one, so that you don’t have to try it all hopefully.
If something from this list worked for you, please write it down here.
Have a nice day!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Age of Empires Support. I apologize for the trouble you have encountered with Age of Mythology: Retold crashing! To try and resolve this issue can you please try the steps below?

• Check for Windows updates manually and install all of them
  • Update Gaming Services
  • Perform a clean installation your GPU drivers if you have recently updated them, try installing the previous version of drivers
  • Whitelist the whole game folder instead of just game .exe file and disable any deep/live scanning feature
  • Uninstall the game, restart your PC then re-install the game to your main drive
  • Disable One Drive and iCloud synchronization if they are enabled.
  • Make sure that the game uses your external GPU instead of your on-board graphic card
  • Turn off V-sync
  • Disable any overclocking that your computer has
  • Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience In-Game Overlay if you have a Nvidia GPU**.**
  • Adjust Texture detail to a lower setting
  • Uninstall any mods that you have previously installed

If the steps above don’t work out, please try the additional steps we have listed in the articles below.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Best regards,
Age of Empires Support

The thing where it writes many hasthtags is amd cleanup utility, I don’t know why it did that.

I am also trying the thing here.
Although I am a noob with tech, so I don’t know what I’m doing.

So far no luck.

Windows is up to date.
GPU also.
Made sure game uses external GPU.
Did the aftermath thing, that was written in the steam discussion.
I don’t know what whitelist is.
Or how to turn off V-sync or adjust graphics to lower setting without starting the game successfully.