Intel HD 3000?

Can intel HD 3000 GPU run AOE DE (at low setting) ?, can it even run the original experience mode without the new zooming and graphics ?
Thank you for bring my 1st RTS game back

@“Ahmed Nabil” said:
Can intel HD 3000 GPU run AOE DE (at low setting) ?, can it even run the original experience mode without the new zooming and graphics ?

Could you post your other PC specs?

Such as GPU, processor, ram, if it is 64 bit etc?

EDIT: I don’t think it is supported after searching some info on HD 3000…

The specs page states “Intel HD 4000 or Greater” so…I’m guessing you’ll be lagging hard. You can always just play on Classic Mode, though!

@Raw1812 said:

@“Ahmed Nabil” said:

Could you post your other PC specs?

Such as GPU, processor, ram, if it is 64 bit etc?

EDIT: I don’t think it is supported after searching some info on HD 3000…

Ram 8 gb
Processor i5.

@RWNorthPole said:
The specs page states “Intel HD 4000 or Greater” so…I’m guessing you’ll be lagging hard. You can always just play on Classic Mode, though!

I hope so i just want the old game without any change and playable.

You might see some stuttering in your in game experience. Just Classic and tell your friends and family to quit being so cheap and buy you a real GPU.

My guess given that it’s Windows 10 exclusive

1. This probably means that the game will at a minimum support DX11, and possibly DX12

2. The HD3000 doesnt support DX11 only DX9/10. DX9/DX10 are dead given XP and Vista the only OS that support those OS are out of support

The likely hood of the game supporting DX9 is slim-to-non-existent given the Windows 10 requirement. which means your video card is unlikely to be supported

Edit: minimum requirements state Intel HD4000. This confirms DX11 is the base platform. This means the game WILL NOT RUN on the HD3000, because that doesn’t support DX11. It will not work, period. Not slower, not with the resolution turned down, not with all the options off. It will not run.

@RWNorthPole said:

The HD4000 requirement is because the game runs DX11 (as I suspected)

The HD3000 does not support DX11 at all. The game will not run since the game requires DX11.

@DiveDive3726 said:
You might see some stuttering in your in game experience. Just Classic and tell your friends and family to quit being so cheap and buy you a real GPU.
May be I will buy a new pc for it at some point later

@Satoru said:

1. This probably means that the game will at a minimum support DX11, and possibly DX12

2. The HD3000 doesnt support DX11 only DX9/10. DX9/DX10 are dead given XP and Vista the only OS that support those OS are out of support

The likely hood of the game supporting DX9 is slim-to-non-existent given the Windows 10 requirement. which means your video card is unlikely to be supported

Edit: minimum requirements state Intel HD4000. This confirms DX11 is the base platform. This means the game WILL NOT RUN on the HD3000, because that doesn’t support DX11. It will not work, period. Not slower, not with the resolution turned down, not with all the options off. It will not run.

@Satoru said:

@RWNorthPole said:

The HD3000 does not support DX11 at all. The game will not run since the game requires DX11.

Can any mod or developer confirm this ? Even the classic mod will not work ?!
I play AOE 2 HD without any problems

@“Ahmed Nabil” said:

@DiveDive3726 said:

@Satoru said:

@Satoru said:

@RWNorthPole said:

AOE2HD is DX9 only which is why its supported on an HD3000

AOE HD has a minimum of an HD4000

Graphics: Intel HD 4000 or Greater (16 or more Execution Units), AMD or nVidia GPU scoring 500 or more on Passmark G3D Mark

This correlates wtih requiring Windows 10 and DX11 requirements.

@“Ahmed Nabil” said:

@DiveDive3726 said:

@Satoru said:

@Satoru said:

@RWNorthPole said:

AOE2HD is DX9 only which is why its supported on an HD3000 which is why you can run it.

This correlates wtih requiring Windows 10 and DX11 requirements. There’s no need to support DX9/DX10 since Windows 10 is a minimum

@“Ahmed Nabil” said:

@DiveDive3726 said:

@Satoru said:

@Satoru said:

@RWNorthPole said:

AOE2HD is DX9 only which is why its supported on an HD3000

This correlates wtih requiring Windows 10 and DX11 requirements. Since Windows 10 is the minimum, there’s no need to support DX9/DX10