Interface/GUI bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: AOE 2 DE
AOE 2 DE

• GAME BUILD #: 7314341
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
In the middle of my game (but can happen anytime, but usually not in dark age), I go to my TC. None of the buttons appear. I can still queue a villager for instance using hotkeys, and I know a village is building because it shows up in the upper left icon. But when clicked on TC nothing shows. I cannot use TC buttons unless via hotkey. I also cannot decrease the queue of villagers for instance.

Once this happens nothing I can do reverts it back. I have toggled many of the options but nothing brings it back - I have to play the rest of the game with no buttons.

On rare occasions the same thing happens to military buildings.

It makes the game unplayable because while I can hotkey many things, I can’t quickly decrease the number of units queued quickly, and I have to find hotkeys for things I dont usually hotkey like advancing to the next age or town watch.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play ranked mode
  2. Just play dark as usual (again I’ve not noticed it happening in dark)
  3. Advance to feudal, keep playing - usually in feudal sometimes castle age, the buttons just disappear. It happens with any civ, any map, random opponents.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

That I can click buttons where I do not normally hotkey.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Hello…anything? It’s literally preventing me from playing any effective games…

Did you try to repair the game files through Steam client?

Also do you have any mods enabled? If so, try it with all mods disabled and then test out which mod causes the issue.

Hey @TannicWord1860
do you have any mods installed? Did you try to reinstall the game or verifying through steam? Does this happen also after the update?

hi it has not happened after the update. i saw another thread about castle building controls going away, maybe this was fixed along with that. i’ll provide another post if i see it recur.

thank you!

1 Like