Introduce a beta program for future patches/DLCs

Dear Devs!

The problems are well known by now: Every time we get a big update with new features and bug fixes (for which we are truly grateful!), we also get new bugs. We understand that working with a legacy engine is not easy and bugs in general won’t be that big of a problem if they weren’t so obvious and severe (Lithuanian relic bug, 166% Malay age up, TG late-game powerpoint, crashes, and the list goes on…).

Don’t get me wrong, the latest patch is amazing and the intended changes both balance- and gameplay-wise are highly appreciated amongst the community, but there are also bugs that really shouldn’t make it into the game.

I kindly ask you to introduce beta testing program for insiders (public beta, everyone can be Age insider). I mean what could be better than motivated players with different system configurations offering their time for free to report bugs? Give us a few days, and we will definitely find the most obvious bugs, which you can fix before you release the new patch to the public.

Something has to be done about this problem and if you don’t have the resources for enough playtesting we gladly offer our support to help you out in this concern.

The process could be like this:

• release the patch as beta version
  • release the patch notes to the public so everyone can discuss them
  • beta testers play the game and report bugs (would make sense to have a separate “beta-bugs” category in the forum)
  • bugs will be fixed/small adjustments will be made according to community feedback
  • release the patch to the public
6 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Open Beta Channels for Testing Patches