Invinsible unit then stuck

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: Version 101.102.17051.0 (#82587) 11090916
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

The reason why I would never play Campaign again is that I once faced an issue back in 2022, where I had a discussion about an enemy unit stuck inside a tree, and I couldn’t reach it. I moved around for 2 hours until I decided to use cheats (reveals map) and finish the mission without getting an achievement. I made a post about it on Steam and received replies such as “save the game before activating it,” which never helped until today. (And yes, in today’s thread, I also encountered the same bug after a year, and I DID NOT saved the game.) When do we know that we have an unexpected bug, that i expected has been fixed?

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS) ← in total whenever i played campaign

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Playing as usual.
  2. Moving units.
  3. Somehow, when off-camera they endedup in a place they shouldn’t be. (now my JUAN stuck and need to “restart scenario” which i didnt do after spending much time in the game)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

They shouldn’t be able to walk into places where they’re not supposed to be. I expected a better campaign experience, and since the first day I bought the game, I’ve never played the campaign because of these issues.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

Sigh I never knew that I needed to provide a file to report a bug that I had encountered about a year ago. And no, I didn’t have a save file for the current report since I had force-closed the game (pressed alt+F4) out of frustration from the last year’s issue. So I relied on the auto-save, which, after I had gotten frustrated, had deleted all units that were alive!

BUG_FROM_AUTOSAVE.aoe2spgame (1.1 MB)

We are tracking an issue where units glide, it can happen to any unit, sometimes even ships that glide into land, thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:

1 Like