Invisible Units during multiplayer

Game Version:

• Build (Newest version on 17th January 2020)
  • Platform: Steam

Issue:

During a ranked game my cav archers and knights were invisible and I was not able to click them. Only way to control them was the idle military hotkey. They still attacked though and my opponent saw them normally.

I had a look at the log and it looked like this:

Unable to allocate memory for asset: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\resources_common\drs\graphics\b_foundation_castle_destruction_x1.smx
Unable to allocate memory for asset: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\resources_common\drs\graphics\b_foundation_university_1_destruction_x1.smx
Unable to allocate memory for asset: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\resources_common\drs\graphics\u_sie_battering_ram_attackA_x1.smx
Unable to allocate memory for asset: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\resources_common\drs\graphics\u_sie_battering_ram_deathA_x1.smx

There were a lot more of those messages, I just didnt copy paste all of them into here.

Is this a problem on my end (and if so, how can I fix this?) or something that needs to be patched?

Reproduction Steps:

Can’t reliably reproduce it. So far it only happened in multiplayer (it was not the first time something like this happened, but the first time with this build - didnt play for some weeks though).