Invisible untargetable farms

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: Current one(anniversary patch), but it’s been happening much longer than that
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Occasionally, a farm will lose its green farm texture, and become transparent, while the villager is still working on it. It isn’t a problem as long as your villager can keep farming. But, once you move your villager away from the farm, you can’t re-target the villager to the farm, because the farm becomes untargetable. So it is not a pure visual bug, and it does harm gameplay.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Frequently every couple of matches it will happen

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play games, make farms
  2. Every once in a while u will notice that a farm turns invisible
  3. Tell the villager which is farming on a invisible farm to stop farming
  4. Try to tell him to return to the farm and start farming again
  5. It’s impossible because the farm is untargetable

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

I recorded a short part of a recorded game to prove that those invisible farms do exist, but I’m pretty much sure everyone is aware of this bug cos it happens quite frequently. (Note in this rec i’m not able to show that the farm is unclickable because its a recording and I can’t command vills to do stuff while watching a rec game)

3 Likes

Yes, I have seen the same issue since the last patch

1 Like

It’s been happening for months. It’s not new with this patch. But I had to post it since I wasn’t able to find any report about it.

2 Likes

This bug traces back to eternity and long before that, but on AoC you could at least click em and they were visible. I think even the old Greeks had that bug. Its just a problem with the engine

1 Like

Thank you for the report! Do you, perchance, have a recorded game where this is happening? I would love to pass it along to our Test team to see if they can see and reproduce this issue internally, as we’ve had no success thus far.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

You might be interested in my thread. Happened to me today:

2 Likes

This is fantastic! On bumping the thread today, it looks like they’ve potentially found a repro, as well, so hopefully we’ll see a fix for this issue in the future.

Thanks for the details! :+1:

2 Likes

just a small fix if it happens to you during a game:

task 2 villagers to the farm next to it, and one of em will automatically move to the invisible farm.

Another fix is toggling automatic farm reseeding and then deleting a farm next to the invisible one. It happens to me sometimes and I have taken screenshots of it.

I’ve experienced it again in a game not so long ago in the current patch.

3 Likes