Inviting a friend to join a multiplayer game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 78174
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Please see this Facebook thread

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a multiplayer game.
  2. Click ‘invite player’
  3. Choose player to invite. Click invite.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The player should receive the invitation FIRST TIME. not second time.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

https://scontent-ssn1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/335380734_1133694770632557_5038878693074602132_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=oxnYEYnk2yoAX-tq6qh&_nc_ht=scontent-ssn1-1.xx&oh=00_AfAk6qOxNeMMV0Iv5L_OiJNdqEOCHR3sXtUWk5PMBnIJHg&oe=6413617D

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

n/a

just bumping this up…

Hi @user8
I guess you are referring to invite somebody from Steam. I couldn’t reproduce this issue and didn’t have reports from anybody else having it. Does it happen all the time?
Thanks for the report!

I also have the same issue. I need to invite my friends twice so that they can receive the invitation

That’s correct. Inviting a friend from Steam. Happens all the time.

There are a number of users (here, in this thread and on Facebook) who have commented this also happens to them. Do you need a screen rec of it? Is there any other information I can provide?

It would be nice to have a screen rec, so I can inform the team and write a ticket about the issue, I guess it doesn’t repro for everybody that’s why I couldn’t :slight_smile:
Thanks @user8

This is quite hard to rec screen both screen from my friends and myself. Maybe you can just try to invite a friend via steam and ask whether they receive the inviation. Normally you need to invite twice so that your friend can see the inviation prompt

1 Like

No problem, I’ll try to reproduce with many people as possible.

They ask for something that they can just test it themselves, otherwise they don’t bother to troubleshoot at all. Had to register just to complain about bugs.

rec: invite a friend - YouTube

2 Likes

Ok I was testing it the wrong way, I was just testing on normal Multiplayer, not in ranked :smiling_face:
Edit: Still can’t reproduce, when inviting the same way as you shown in the video, the other player receives and invite message in the main menu of the game.

Are there any updates to this? can anyone else repro this? I’d really love for it to get fixed, it’s such a turd of a bug and it happens every time i play with friends.