Is it just me or it isn't possible to select one villager at a time by clicking the resources HUD?

there’s one for Next Idle military, and one for select all(max 60), im talking about just select next military, idle or not, so u can cycle through all your military units, even if they are fighting.

2 Likes

Especially in late-game pop space needs to be liberated for more military. Sadly, some villagers need to definitely stand aside.

It’s not necessarily easy and certainly not quick to know where all those lumberjacks/farmers are when your “base” is all over the map in late-game.

AoE III has THE answer, which AoE II lacks: you click on the number of vills gathering a particular resource, and the game focuses immediately on where those are.

AoE II should also get that feature. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Seem like a nice addition for the game.

2 Likes

Love to see more people getting interested in this feature. Hope it gets added in one of the game’s updates.

Sound interesting and useful for some situations

1 Like

Yes. It would be much quicker and you wouldn’t even need to find where villagers are in the map to actually select them; it would be done directly from the HUD, automatically focusing on the worker, or the next ones (if there are more than just one).

Have been asked for this since release. Maybe you got some time for this now devs?

1 Like

Is it still not implemented? I uninstalled the game some time ago due to the lack of specific features that were available in the prequel :frowning:

Probably will never. Maybe game is feature complete?

No, this is still not a thing, but I don’t really understand how this is beneficial. You could just click on minimap and select villagers, or did you mean clicking on the HUD selects all workers of that type?

Here is a .GIF showing the feature perform in Age of Empires 1: Definitive Edition. Notice how it is possible to select and focus on each working villager through the resources’ heads-up display by clicking on each icon (food, wood, gold, stone):
WorkingVillagerSelectorUI
If there happens to be more than one villager working on a certain resource, clicking again will select and focus on the next working villager.