Is it just me or it isn't possible to select one villager at a time by clicking the resources HUD?

Last time I played, some days ago before the May/June update, I couldn’t select the villagers that were working on resources, unlike in Age of Empires 1: Definitive Edition. Is this a missing feature or is it just a bug? Honestly I got surprised since I expected AoE2:DE to work exactly like AoE1:DE.

8 Likes

How is it exactly supposed to work?

1 Like

Let’s say we have 2 villagers working on wood, and 1 on gold. Clicking on either of those resources (on the upper HUD) would select one of them by clicks made. Do I make myself clear?

Alright, this doesn’t work also for me. Perhaps developers didn’t find it important enough to add. I am not certain how useful would cycling through specific resource gatherers one-by-one be, but of course developers might add it if enough players shows interest in it.

1 Like

It seems it is one of the QoL I present in the Age of Salamanders scenario (if you test it, you access it by clicking on a woad raider a bit after the Southern Gate).

I never played AoE1 DE and did not know it was one of its features. :grin:

3 Likes

It’s faster to select villagers that way. Just like it’s easier to select idle ones with the respective button.

1 Like

Sorry it’s a late reply!

The trailer for your mod was very funny to watch :smile:
Nice mod you made there! And, congratulations on what you’ve achieved! Villager management by resource is available in AoE1:DE, yes. And I was actually surprised it wasn’t included in AoE2:DE in the 1st place.

Yours are some interesting features, thanks for sharing! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

After 3 months, I see that this feature wasn’t implemented yet. I do use the villager-per-resource feature a lot, and even got so accostumed to it, that I feel like I need it in all Age games.

Hopefully it gets added, as well as in AoE3:DE and AoE4!

1 Like

Great to see you like it! :smiley:

1 Like

Could we get this feature implemented, please? It’s been really a pleasure for me to use it in Age of Empires 1: Definitive Edition, and it would be equally awesome to have it here on Age 2! :smiley:

How come this feature is in the prequel, but not in this game?! :worried:
Can you please add it, devs?

• In AoE1:DE it’s really useful when not having Villagers close/on screen.
  • It would fasten Villager selection a lot.
  • It would make it easier to manage Villagers, with just a few clicks, instead of point-selecting them from the map.

Funny how I originally thought there was a bug in this game that prevented me from selecting Villagers by directly clicking on the resources HUD.

1 Like

Bump.

Do not see why this couldn’t be a thing. It’d make picking a vill to stop to build a house trivial, which could be a nice QOL.

2 Likes

We’re already able to select idle ones, but being also able to select working ones, would be fantastic, honestly. It may not seem like a big feature, but it ended up being extremely helpful for me, in EVERY game I play in the prequel.

1 Like

Fear not, for aoe 3 this has been I game ever since release in 200x.

I am also disappointed it not in 2 de,since it is such a useful tool to rebalanced eco. I use it all the time when I play aoe 3.

1 Like

Any chance AoE2:DE gets this feature already? :sparkles::heart:

3 Likes

It’d be cool if this is feature is introduced in the Dawn of the Dukes expansion.

1 Like

Honestly I can’t believe this feature isn’t already implemented. It’s extremely useful in Age of Empires 1 and 3 (Definitive Edition) to cycle amongst/between villagers on each resource.
It allows for extremely quick selection of working villagers, which is not possible with the mouse itself, not even for professionals.

3 Likes

I can’t either.

1 Like

the next idle military hotkey is one of my favs, i wish there was a next military hotkey that just cycled through all military units 1x1.

3 Likes

Isn’t there a hotkey to select idle military units? That feature is available in AOE1:DE!

1 Like