Is it just me who becomes more and more afraid of AoE4 and a potential dissapointment?

there is nothing wrong with AOE2 surviving after AOE4 comes out… I hope it does.

Game has to progress is some ways.

They will still sell tons of games

2 Likes

I personally like them, It creates the usp for the aoe series imo.

About “aoe2 surviving”, ofc it will. But Im more concerned of AoE4 further survival. I mean, we play Aoe2 20 years after its relsease.

Even the fact that aoe4 is ouy and that the definite series even came out is a result of the forgotten empires and aoe2 fanbase, not the others, their communities “died” (or wasnt that strong). This I want the devs to remember

there are a lot of factors to that…

Computer performance worldwide ( I had to wait 3 years before I could get a computer good enough to play it at the time… it was pretty ground breaking)
Time period preference. Castle age is simply very popular, colonial is a lot less appealing
AOE3 being harder to play at first as there is much more complexity to it and learning each civ
deck leveling up making entry harder with steep learning curve and fewer deck choices

I actually prefer castle age, but AOE3 is just so much more dynamic and fun that is what I love.
Its an underappreciated masterpiece.

AOE4 isn’t going to fail, with the botched release of AOE3DE it should have failed, but its more popular than ever now.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I dont agree with your comment, where as an AOE3 DE player with 250+ hours in the game, I think AOE4 is like how it should have always been.

4 Likes

The game is looking really good! As long as there are no houses that gather ressources on this game I will be happy!

4 Likes

Playing a RTS game just to rush the enemy every single time like in competitive is bloody boring, just my opinion. We all play RTS to make an army and have great and epic battles, but that’s not the case in competitive we ussualy see small army groups fighting for control. We rarely see big army battles.
It’s ok for me if someone decides to turtle and get stronger. Fighting for anti rush tactics the whole time in every single game is boring as hell and loose the point of the whole potential of an RTS.

5 Likes

I DISAGREE, with YOUR DISAGREEMENT. :smiley: :smiley:

Rushes in RTS are essentially low level territory. Once you get better, nobody will rush and everyone will macro.

Yet, you still have to develop anti rush tactics because there is someone who always does it. No matter what branch or if is a casual game. You can’t develop your base in peace in early game because someone is going to send some soldiers to kill your villagers and annoy you to the ground.

1 Like

That is WHY scouting is SO IMPORTANT. To see what BUILDINGS the enemy has and WHEN they make the buildings. To see what they are PROBABLY planning to do. :smiley: :smiley:

Don’t play PvP then?

Even the AI is capable of rushing, so yeah…no

Simple ,Play treaty mode .

1 Like

I do not agree with you on Heros, i always wanted to see implemented in a Multi player enviroment. (im playing this game since i was 10 years old, now im 34).

My recommendation is to implement them in the imperial era. Something like Age of Empires Castle Siege. To inspire units (more attack or defense), heal, etc. Then the game will become more interesting. Since the enemy will try to kill the Hero that is causing him headaches.

1 Like

I also agree that some things should be fixed or removed. Such as units bash or mass conversation.
If we want the perfect RTS game it will be like:

1. Balanced as AoE2. The best game in series only bcos of almost perfect balance between all civs, units and maps all along the ages, stages of the game, etc.
  2. Speed and development as AoM. This game so far was always most interesting for me to watch. Action could start at 6 min. That’s the thing that AoE2 is really lacks. The speed of development. SC2 is also a good example. It is really boring nowadays watching that similar 10-min openings in AoE2. AoM had so far worst in-game balance. Some Gods are OP. Such as Isis or Oranos. Other ones just comparable sucks. Also what was really annoying to me is different unit pop-cap and fixed TC positions. 200 real units is a best setup so far.
  3. Graphics and phisix as AoE3. I remember the fisrt time i saw ships demolishing buildings in AoE3. This process was really beautiful to watch.
  4. What I think is maybe the most important is a game stability. I remember PUBG slammed whole industry. Beautiful new concept game never seen before. But the game stability was just a piece of crap. Bugs, drops, lags. I think this is one of the biggest reasons game lost its popularity.
    There are 2 more month to develop the game all together. Just downloaded AoE4. Let do this!!!

I personally almost never watch age2 competitive games, 90% of the games game ends with just a bunch of units or even worse, some castles outside your base which doesn’t make any sense…I prefer to watch sc2, coh2 and some age lll games, on those game you will see a lot of units used and more late game pro play, the current gameplay of Age2 is not the way original devs wanted to game to be played.

4 Likes

People just want to Age of 2 but good graphics but As said, age of 2 have repitetive games and some times I think they are boring. Age of 4 have new blood ı hope age of 4 is getting more success than age of 2.

1 Like

What did you hope it become? AoE II DE 2.0 electric boogaloo?

Its a simple fact that people who enjoy AoE II will not switch, ofcourse some will, but majority most likely wont.

It just sounds that you wanted AoE IV to be AoE II

1 Like

No not at all. Just more like AoE1 or AoEO :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is the most ridiculous thing I read recently.
sc2 has its own balancing issues and let’s not even talk about the playership drop (sure, it has still more than aoe). coh2 static maps and no resource gathering per se. age3. well age3

ah. now it makes sense.
“no attack till minute 30” person.
moving on

ah. the classic you’re holding it wrong.

out of all the RTS, age2 has the most nuanced gameplay.

but hey, no dunking. we all have different tastes. just seems funny to me.

Wow, you are rude. You’re opinion is not the only one that exists.