Is it worth investing into fish traps on small lakes?

You would have had more wood had you stuck to the meta and made more TCs.

I don’t like the meta. That’s why I mostly play Europe Diplomacy. Or some crazy mod/scenario.

At any rate, it worked out for me in this game very well. Perhaps, it could have backfired, but it didn’t in this case.

The meta wins you games at the expense of a bit of fun.

Those two villagers are gonna take a long time to pay back the investment that are those two fishing ships.

Let me fix that for you

*clear throats"

“I have fun playing my own way. It doesn’t mean that people that likes to play the meta in a more efficient and effective way aren’t having as much fun as I’m having”.

There, you are welcome.

Sarcastic but true, I like that.

@SpiritOfTheLaw1 Look a theme for your next video.

I don’t get it.

On a related note, SotL is a real ninja on this forum.

In general the answer is yes. If you do the math fish traps provide higher collection rate for a given amount of villager time invested. I.e. they have a higher return on investment.

The key to remember is town centers are not cheap to build, taking significantly more than docks in both resources and build time.

You also get to delay things like wheelbarrow and handcart and farm upgrades.

There’s some breakpoints to be aware of like making sure to avoid delaying castle age just to get fishing ship, but it’s an improvement.

You built an unprotected dock next your enemy?!!!

I made more. Behind it. Plus there’s a wall.

But those walls aren’t yours.

Do you not see those blue walls are mine?

But that means your dock is exposed.

It was a bad idea my part. There’s no need to make a big deal about it. I didn’t lose a single fishing ship and or the dock, I just got lucky.

Wow, what’s your ELO? I’d just like to know.

Don’t play ranked often. Boring rush fest. I sitting slightly below 1000. Played game for years.

Makes sense.

I mostly play Europe Diplomacy, and other scenarios. Or modded games.

1 Like

Cool.