Is it worth the price?

Are you fucking kidding?

5 Likes

Most AOE players hate water
So I bbelieve it is not a huge issue as they would be interest on land maps.

I think ships are the coolest thing in AoE but yes, water maps are difficult to play as your attention has to be at a million places at once and because of that water maps for me, unless they are treaty, are impossible to play because of my OCD.

Ok, so don’t add water to this game but try to make a good graphic for the other units. For now we have: not polished units, bad animations and horrible water. A perfect mix of all ingredients, lol.

They said, everything that are shown to us at E3 etc are 3 months early state of the game.
Therefore, lots of bugs and other things are fixed.

AoE3 DE Update removing personal files:
Wait you didnt know about this?
Yeah it happened
Another Source

Edit: Yeah sorry for the passive aggressive part

1 Like

I don’t play AoE III so it makes sense I don’t know ■■■■ about it.

1 Like

I don’t think they could resolve all these problems in 4 months. They choosed a particular art style for this game but the final result doesn’t seem so good After all.
You can make a colorful game but It should be very well polished and detailed for all those people Who can run It at the maximum settings. What we are seeing in the recent gameplay are the maximum level of details and unfortunately It’s not good.

1 Like

It’s okay.

1 Like

I expect things like these arrows to be fixed yes. Its a known bug, people adressed it. I expect games to find bux after release, thats normal, but this is known by the developers.

in my opinion , they should re make the water

2 Likes

On my point of view, it is not worth 74CHF in :switzerland:, not because people can’t afford it, but because it is a mix of easy money making and ignorance.

2 Likes

I never pre-order a game but yeah, go ahead and assume things.

As for your response, just because Forgotten Empires didn’t polish their “REMASTERS” doesn’t mean Relic didn’t. Two different dev teams and you compare the 3 games?

I could care less, it isn’t a bug it is just unimportant. People are only complaining because it is a new game. Here is a post from another thread

Everyone: Why camel archers in AoEIV shoot arrows from their legs?
Meanwhile, camel archers in AoEIIDE: :eyes:

Kipchaks:

Genitours:

Janissary (look at his feet)

And Arbalesters:

It is just humour, don’t take it badly.

No one cares, at least only a tiny fraction cares

10 Likes

As we have seen, even after release Microsoft continues fixing bugs etc. It does not abandon the games. ( at least in the AOE series)

Usually AAA tier games nowadays have a price near to 60 euros. And a strategy game which is the harder game type to make a good one, it is absolute logical to have this price. And it is the harder game type, because you have to program every aspect you think in other games + add a lot of logic. The ‘simple’ pathfinding in a dynamic map is one of the hardest things to program.

Also Relic is a company that does not usually have bugs in its games. The minor visual problems many complain is not a big issue. I don’t think there will be these ‘problems’ in release or they will not be visible. We see a picture in full HD with zoom and the ‘pause ability’. But the human eye does not works that way. For example if a bicycle is in move, you see the bicycle wheels as a disk. This is because in a 24 care video, it is physical impossible the human eye to see an action that is only in one or two cares for example. So yes, some of these ‘bugs’ as some says will never be seen by anyone even without any fix.

It is also funny to hear that the quality of water is not a tier AAA water. There are not many who likes water battles in AOE 2. If the game had not water at all, there would not be so many to complain. But now, there is water. There is a game with better water quality. So game is overpriced.

I don’t understand all the criticism for a game that looks great. I think almost anyone has buy a game with cost 30-40 euros that had a 1/100 of development cost compare to AOE 4, an almost zero replayability and a 10% game quality compare to this one. This game might even stops and the support after release.

These are some of the reasons I don’t think it is serious the criticism about ‘overprized game’. This criticism leads to much cheaper production games with a half price.

4 Likes
2 Likes

We dont know the game will be great. If devs show more videos, we can see game will be great or not. Devs dont show more videos and this make me so suspucios. Why dont they show more videos? I really dont understand.

1 Like

When a lot of people complain about the arrows I wouldnt say its a tiny fraction.

2 Likes

Yes and no. I don’t think it will be visible to see the exact position from where the arrow leaves the bow. To fix it is very easy. The reason they did not fix it I believe it is because it is not visible + at April video there wasn’t any complain about the start position of the arrow, but only about the size.

And second the arrow size. Between the video in April and the last one, the arrows are much smaller. They could easily made them even smaller. For some reason they thought that this is the right size. But it is very easy to become even smaller. At beta testing, if the testers say that arrows better be smaller, they will make them smaller. The final arrow size will be the size the beta testers will suggest.

1 Like

After a terrible launch and lagging sales, MS abandoned the last Age game it released. AoEO was a great game, but you wouldn’t know it existed if you looked around here.

1 Like

A lot of people complained about oversized arrows, I don’t see a lot of people complaining about arrows being shot from the legs. This is a minor thing compared to actual bugs. If you know otherwise, please share a link to a thread or whatever.

2 Likes