is there a way to cure gaming addiction ?

I already have

1. Age of Mythology
  2. Age of Empires 2 Hd
  3. Age of empires 3
  4. Rise of Nations
  5. Tropico 4
  6. Tropico 5
  7. Dawn of War 1
  8. Dawn of War 2
  9. Anno 2070
  10. Civilization 5
  11. Civilization 6
  12. Dawn of discovery
  13. sinking island
  14. still life 1 and 2
  15. syberia 1 and 2
  16. Zeus and Poseidon, Caesar 3, pharaoh and Cleopatra, Emperor Rise of the middle kingdom
  17. Settlers 5,6,7
  18. Rome : Grand ages
  19. Spore
  20. Cities Skylines
  21. Rome Total War 1 and 2

Now I bought

1. Halo Wars Definitive Edition
  2. Dawn of War 3
  3. Syberia 3

Something must be seriously wrong with me.

You appear to be someone that enjoys interacting with others in a variety of action, winning and defeat.

There is a way to prevent it. Uninstall, and/or get a PC not able to run them, get rid of Steam and other platforms, give yourself user permissions so you cannot install new games ;p

I have some games on Steam I haven’t even played. That’s more annoying :wink: Wasted money

I don’t see it as a problem as long as you have social life, you don’t get mad about winning or losing, you don’t become a toxic player, etc.

@KingDarBoja said:
I don’t see it as a problem as long as you have social life, you don’t get mad about winning or losing, you don’t become a toxic player, etc.

Seems i have alot of problems :neutral:

get a girlfriend?

Very little list
Add
Empire Earth 1-3
Praetorians
Imperium 1-3
Civ city Rome
Ancient Wars Sparta.
0 A.D Empires Ascendants
Rise and fall civilizations at war
Caesar 2-4
AoEO
SC1-2
Warcraft 3

@Augustusman said:
Very little list
Add
Empire Earth 1-3
Praetorians
Imperium 1-3
Civ city Rome
Ancient Wars Sparta.
0 A.D Empires Ascendants
Caesar 2-4
AoEO
SC1-2
Warcraft 3

EE it started boring. Imperium is like Grand Ages Rome already tried it. Civ City I played before not now. AWS also finished the campaign it was not compatible with windows 8 so left it. StarCraft left it because one update had problems with 840M GPU and they did not resolve it on time. AOEO that’s how got into the forums was season pass holder. Warcraft 3. WoW. Played. stopped cause I don’t like illidan I still see him as villan to azeroth not as its savior. Rise and Fall Civilization at war I think they don’t have win 10 compatible game.

@RainmanCT said:
get a girlfriend?

Girls , Females are complicated. Somewhat difficult. They ask too many questions which cannot be answered and they waste food in restaurants. Celibacy is quite adaptable.

@Yeshna12 said:

@Augustusman said:
Very little list
Add
Empire Earth 1-3
Praetorians
Imperium 1-3
Civ city Rome
Ancient Wars Sparta.
0 A.D Empires Ascendants
Caesar 2-4
AoEO
SC1-2
Warcraft 3

EE it started boring. Imperium is like Grand Ages Rome already tried it. Civ City I played before not now. AWS also finished the campaign it was not compatible with windows 8 so left it. StarCraft left it because one update had problems with 840M GPU and they did not resolve it on time. AOEO that’s how got into the forums was season pass holder. Warcraft 3. WoW. Played. stopped cause I don’t like illidan I still see him as villan to azeroth not as its savior. Rise and Fall Civilization at war I think they don’t have win 10 compatible game.

Imperium existed before as RTS but only Europe. So never come to America.
Imperium cívicas becomes a city builder.

Played a game for 4000 hours, one day, I just stopped. I played a couple of hours on a different account too see how things were going. It’s not so interesting atm. Having the DE “coming out soon” helped.

You can also uninstall the game, it will make you think next time you feel the urge :slight_smile:

Drastic measure is to pack away your pc for a while :slight_smile:

@Penelinfi said:
I have some games on Steam I haven’t even played. That’s more annoying :wink: Wasted money

At this point I figure I own more games I haven’t played (yet) than ones I did. I’m a sucker for bundle sites. “Wow, only 8 bucks for 12 games, of which 2 look like I’ll like them? Sold!” With most of these games I haven’t entered the codes into Steam yet. I’ve been switching tactics lately by actively hunting down stuff I will like, helps me to ignore all the stuff I might play a few times if it’s lucky.

So yeah, at least I’m not addicted to playing games… My problem seems to be more along the lines of a forum addiction. :frowning: You guys are my new crack, don’t “disagree” me or I’ll be having a bad trip. :wink:

bought new games

Train Fever
Transport Fever
Guild
Guild 2
Stronghold 1 and 2
SimCity 4
Tropico 1,2,3

I am quite not the right person to help you. And you probably subconsciously might know the cause, identifying it might help. And so choose all freely.

Anyway I think it’s not an issue when done in moderation. How about some good family time? I mean life can be fun even without games.

Way too much time gaming I think produces dissatisfaction, I think its good to have some realistic goals and work on it. One might choose even worse, but lets ignore these things like politics, s.e.x., drugs, alcohol, violence, greed and such, I think its better to focus mainly on once self-improvement, own personality traits and such.

And leisure time is what it is, only as long it serve it’s purpose. One must not forget what’s is even more important for him.

I think it’s good to have balanced view on these things. Having faith for sure, can help overcome such situations.

Turning the device off for some time might too help. How about reading some book? Bible would be my preference.

its a sarcastic heading to list the games we play.
I have retired from job life and spend my time in the apartment.
My morning schedule wake up - chant lords prayer - read a chapter in the bible. after that log on to criminal case send energy receive energy earn 10 or more stars. logout. take 5mile walking(10k steps=1.30 hours). drink 2 glasses of water. cook breakfast. usually butter tea or 3 eggs and cheese. watch TV news while eating it. Track my shares morning opening values. see any board meeting responses. by the time its 10.00
Open up steam sit with an hour or so currently playing transport fever or a multiplayer game. by 12.30 take vegetables of the fridge 300g to 500g of veggies . Shallow fry or sometimes steamed (if I finish the game b4 12) . again switch on TV. eat it with 2 eggs or 25g of butter. log onto criminal case again and play for another 10 stars. 4 to 4,30 pm boil water and add a lemon. grab a chair by the window and watch the kids returning from school. 5.00 take the beef or chicken or cottage cheese out of the fridge put it in water to clean up. log onto steam again and play. This time strictly war based strategy. 6.30 clean up the meat and add spices grounded. and put the pressure cooker for heating. 7.00 pm dinner so TV again. after that surely some online game. beat or lose to some person then social media. of course score bragging. by 9.30 pm or 10 switch of phones and cleaning of house and dishes. sleep
most of the equity are blue chip so no longer trade them.
I spoke to some girls unlike fellow female staff off topic they exaggerate talks and give pompous description of general activities. They waste food in restaurants without even thinking it could have someone else food. when I sit and stare at them or observe their activities they get uncomfortable so mostly avoid them. just some interaction on social media.

@Yeshna12 said:
its a sarcastic heading to list the games we play.
I have retired from job life and spend my time in the apartment.
My morning schedule wake up - chant lords prayer - read a chapter in the bible. after that log on to criminal case send energy receive energy earn 10 or more stars. logout. take 5mile walking(10k steps=1.30 hours). drink 2 glasses of water. cook breakfast. usually butter tea or 3 eggs and cheese. watch TV news while eating it. Track my shares morning opening values. see any board meeting responses. by the time its 10.00
Open up steam sit with an hour or so currently playing transport fever or a multiplayer game. by 12.30 take vegetables of the fridge 300g to 500g of veggies . Shallow fry or sometimes steamed (if I finish the game b4 12) . again switch on TV. eat it with 2 eggs or 25g of butter. log onto criminal case again and play for another 10 stars. 4 to 4,30 pm boil water and add a lemon. grab a chair by the window and watch the kids returning from school. 5.00 take the beef or chicken or cottage cheese out of the fridge put it in water to clean up. log onto steam again and play. This time strictly war based strategy. 6.30 clean up the meat and add spices grounded. and put the pressure cooker for heating. 7.00 pm dinner so TV again. after that surely some online game. beat or lose to some person then social media. of course score bragging. by 9.30 pm or 10 switch of phones and cleaning of house and dishes. sleep
most of the equity are blue chip so no longer trade them.
I spoke to some girls unlike fellow female staff off topic they exaggerate talks and give pompous description of general activities. They waste food in restaurants without even thinking it could have someone else food. when I sit and stare at them or observe their activities they get uncomfortable so mostly avoid them. just some interaction on social media.

@Yeshna12 Taking a tour out and about, walking, bike riding, or an adventure browsing in shops, like hoppy shops, train shops, antique shops, or museums is so much more fulfilling that staring @ a computer or TV SET all day breathing in the same air daily without getting a good deep breath of fresh air. It gladdens my heart to see you read the good book. I am a women, not all women are the way you feel concerning them, their are good Godly women in this evil world, maybe few and far in between. Good luck to you.

@SeaPetals said:
an adventure browsing in museums is so much more fulfilling that staring @ a computer or TV SET all day

Well, that’s the beauty of Age of Empires right? It’s like both!

(I do enjoy being outdoors and/or active and/or cultured as well.)

Biking, walking, visiting places I can do it from room. Actually most of the places are better through some photographers camera than reality. Try the google VR its better that way. getting to the places costs gaming time. Shopping is bad for the pocket and health. Its better to buy things we need rather than accumulation of junk. moreover i dont think good and evil i accept everything is for better.

By the way Aven Colony’. got much interesting

You can go for test 0 A.D.