It is possible to hover over and select items behind the wood resource HUD

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.61591.0 8647032
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

It is possible to select items through the wood reserve UI by clicking on it.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

100% of times (always)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Start a game
  2. Go to a place where a selectable item in the world can be placed behind the wood reserve UI
  3. Select the item that’s behind the wood reserve UI

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

That the HUD itself prevents the selection (and hover) of items that are behind it

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

By hovering over the wood interface on the HUD, items in the background (in this case, a tree) can be hovered over and selected.

@SlenderBadger98 thanks for the report but this is by design

Happens in build 85208 still, would be nice if it was eventually changed. Additionally, implementing the ability to cycle (select and focus) villagers working on resources via HUD would be awesome in AOE2DE, and I don’t know how or why such an important feature is missing! :neutral_face:

i mean, they said " Its by design " so there is nothing to fix :smiley:

I don’t think it is something intentional to click through the heads-up display and be able to select items behind it… It may be percieved as something small or insignificant (of course it’s not a “top priority” case, I’m well aware), but it’s an issue still. Not showing interest in wanting to change it implies a certain degree of mediocrity, since it could easily be solved by changing the usable space on the screen.