Italians useless vs siege spam

Obvious troll is obvious

4 Likes

As I recall, Jannisaries do just fine against Condos. Their high damage output doesn’t include any infantry bonus damage, so Condos take full damage. Give the Jannisaries a meat shield, and the condos will die before they can even make use of their anti-gunpowder bonus damage. It’s Bohemians who see condos as a nightmare, since Condos do well against everything in their unit comps (except arbs, but Italians have better archers anyways)

Condos can hold a number of roles. They can be a power spike in early imp (a rather niche scenario though). They can be a counter to several gunpowder units (though some gunpowder units - jannisaries and conquistadors - do very well against condos. This use is mainly only relevant against Bohemians). They can also be a raiding unit (though their gold cost holds them back in this role). Overall, I consider the Condo to be a very niche unit that can be treated as a slightly weaker champion with more speed, a hussar with a gold cost, or a weaker Cavalier.

As a team bonus, I think Condos are too situational to be really helpful (unless you have a Goths ally). However, Italians do also have the Silk Road tech, so they have another bonus that is generally only relevant in team games.

There is a unit called bombard canon, have you ever heard of it? It’s great to destroy other siege and italian get cheaper one at that.

@OP: You thankfully linked your website under the videos of your YouTube channel, and your Italian suggestion there sounds similar to this one, so yeah
 topic closed and you’re banned for ban evasion.

7 Likes