Its odd not to have at least 1 African faction

Sweden had a few short lived colonies. Denmark would probably be more relevant, though…

1 Like

Yet they weren’t included in the vanilla until now

1 Like

The bigotry and straight delusion of this guy… scientific fact huh?? Guest historical fact ain’t really scientific? Could you continue with your “facts” by refuting just a few of the powerful African nations mentioned especially Ethiopia who was never colonized? How did such lesser humans manage such a thing vs the great Europeans?

9 Likes

This game attempts to base faction on civ around the era and theme they desire to portray. Those suggesting only colonizing nations should be included then why the native Americans or the ottomans or the Indians? If one says well both the colonizers and those that were opposed to the colonizers then why NOT the Africans? Africans nations were both colonized and opposed colonization? A few African nations in that era were serious empires not to be reckoned with? Maybe the one guy with the scientific research was on to something (not so scientific but bias?). In every part of the recorded world humans in that time were doing many mighty things and many horrific things.

In the end its a game and devs can choose what they want in it but don’t make lame excuses that dont hold any logic to why such and such should or shouldn’t be in the game.

9 Likes

likely a delusional alt-right or some other alternative truth guy warped in his imagination or selective in his “scientific research” ignoring all the factors negating his claim. I’m pretty sure he left this thread feeling like he convince some ppl of his secret science while turning a blind eye to its refutations. Personally if he was so utterly convinced of his way of thinking I would have loved to here his explanation to each counter point offered? At least then I could respect his logic and commitment to his worldview (on principle alone that is).

7 Likes

Great images but can you cite the sources where you took the images from? I would like to explore more of the African weapons.

1 Like

This is more funny then it is offensive bc I personally refuse to believe this person is this obtuse? He might be a troll? Just Google, that alone will hopefully disabuse you of your notions.

2 Likes

References are in the bibliography.

2 Likes

I hope Africa.

I want use Zulu and beat Brit.

had thought add Zulu and Korea , Disappointed only 2civs.

5 Likes

I’m not referring to this article. Read my post.

1 Like

My bad you wanted citations of the african weapon images.

I heard that Ethiopian and Somalis appear in historical campaign?
Someone is allowed to enter Scenario editor and see these 2 civs.

2 Likes

African maps will be a great idea for inclusion with jiraffes, rhinos, lions and elephants i.e. the african wildlife. Because African tribal kingdoms were never colonist on a large scale as they were limited to their own region.

1 Like

Same happenned with incas: european illnes spread over the inca’s troops; added to the chancas and other factions help to spanish cause give europeans the edge.

It wasnt just 2000 spanish, but 2000 spanish with thousand and thousand of indians commanded by renegade caciques.

3 Likes

african civs didnt even fight with eachother?

Well, from what we now know, the Algeria mission introduced Berber Bowmen, Moorish Spearmen and Algerian Musketeers to the game, so at least one North African civ would be very easy to make for the devs.

2 Likes

a great site is

they do not only have pictures, photos and images, but also links with stories and text pages to them
and thats for anything

1 Like

or maybe if AoE3 performs good make there a huge add-on?

2 Likes

Apparently, there are already Berber, Somalian and Ethiopian units in the game.
This may mean we will at least get African maps, though I would hope for an expo.

3 Likes

Huge5000RTSFan, although some of the battles you’ve cherry picked have notoriety, they lack the scale of European/Asian battles.

The Battle of ADWA occurred after the period that the game is set in and is on the cusp of the 20th century, the advancements and scale of war in Africa were no where near the scale of Europe and Asia. The same could be said for the Battle of Isandlwana.

You need to keep in consideration just because they’ve won a single battle it doesn’t mean that they’re a rival against a civilisation. The European civilisations had battles around the world during that period, if they saw that there were huge benefits to colonising any of the places you’ve stated they most definitely would’ve destroyed them.

If you want to argue why the Native Americans are in AOE3 it’s because the vanilla version of AOE3 was primarily based in the Americas and had no affiliation with Africa.
The Age of Empires games are great as they are and the developers do a great job on them, it doesn’t need to include civilisations based on being peoples ideologies.

2 Likes