Japanese Nerf Was Required. But Current Situation Is Borderline Underwhelming

My point exactly. But it seems there’s a few myths floating around about the flaming arrow, so it had to be debunked.

1 Like

You debunked nothing, FAs are just better than Culvs, and counter Artillery better than Falcs.

ALL of Japan’s units are stronger and more expensive versions of European units, except for the Yumi, which while stronfger than the Crossbowman, is weaker than the Longbowman.

This is why Japan is the number 2 civ, and why almost every tournament sees Sweden vs Japan at the later stages.

Japan is just the best civ, and has been so, in every way, since TAD. It is a civ that was designed to be OP.

1 Like

maybe, just maybe u not that good at the game?

1 Like

I am not good at the game, but Flamming Arrows are still better than Culverins.

I sense this is coming from the extreme/hardest AI that is capable is spamming 20+ flaming arrows every 50 seconds. That is the only time I’ve seen flaming arrows beat something, and the AI is capable of doing that because of resources cheat allowing FA to reach critical mass.

Meanwhile I’m grateful the devs don’t just blindly follow player feedback.

Japan will still try to end the game before mass infantry balls or artillery balls come into play. I wonder why that is…

I can get 4 FAs behind a base with a Daimyo, and can get 10 Flamming Arrows at a time from Castles.
They are really that easy to get, have a good upgrade card, are more easily available than Culvs for most civs (most do not even have Culv cards, much less 2 Culvs in Fortress and 4 in Industrial) and are cheap to boot.

You sense wrong, this is from a 1v1 perspective.

Try flexing harder, you still have nothing to show for it.

Better Economy than everyone else, so they CAN end the game there, not MUST.

i’d like to see your 1v1 gameplay

I am not that good.
Does not mean I do not know about balance.

Also, I have no way to post any 1v1 match.

1 Like

it is a good indicator, lets be honest here

If you want confirmation bias, surely.

1 Like

i dont understand why there would be any more or less confirmation bias?
my pov is that the understanding of balance increses with skilllevel

Not really, I am just bad at micro, but great at macro, and abusable mechanics.

1 Like

which would result in a decent level of play, if this is indeed the case.

another point in favour of spanish lancers, their stats scale from fortress age(like the former gendarme) unlike naginata which scales from commerce age

I do think though FA is better vs falc since they have 2 extra range so you can snipe falcs without fear of being attacked so the damage isn’t that big a deal.

1 Like

Yes. The only good thing they are good at is killing falconets. Why bother when the cav archer is just as effective or even more and doesn’t die to anything else.

If they are good at killing Falconets (also Horse Guns and Heavy Cannon) and cheaper than Culverins, while also more effective than Culverins against Infantry, then they are effectively better than Culverins.

I mean they are only good against other artillery in small numbers due to their range. Once you get above 3-4 I think its better to get culvs since you want to oneshot artillery as soon as possible and u need like 5-6 to do that and thats tough to microe

thats why like for the most part yabusame is better as well, they can efficiently oneshot masses of artillery and are much easier to micro

likewise they suck against stuff like heavy cannons, takes forever to kill

1 Like

I’m a top 50 player.
Musk falc culv is better than ashi fa.
That is one of weakpoint
Developers nerf japan, and buff Russia and Aztec.
I have no idea to win against Russia and Aztec.
I think Japan win rate is under 50%
We really want win/lose rate about each civ.

2 Likes

People are using the same logic:
- I play a civ, I know what its weaknesses are, I think it’s weak.
- I play against a civ, I cannot beat it, I think it’s OP.
That does not make sense. Only win rate should speak here but unfortunately we don’t have it right now.

The problem of Japan is greedy boom , ashi 4.5 speed and daimyo with combining too fast to catch, can send shipment, moving barrack and aura.
Others are fine.

Russia and AZ are well-known as bottom civs, but they are upper hand to Japan don’t mean they are OP, Japan is also upper hand to Lakota which Lakota got more nerfs than Japan in the previous patches.

However no matter top player or not doesn’t mean the marco is also good, otherwise we only need to let top one balance the game.