Joining a game via link while in scenario editor desyncs the game instantly

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: image

• GAME PLATFORM: Steam

• OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Executing Aoe2 Invite links with the game while in scenario editor causes that game to desync instantly at the start - 0 seconds in

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

I had it once, tho I don’t want to mess with others (so i wont try again) and it was unintentional

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Be in scenario editor
  2. Join a lobby via lobby link
  3. launch the game

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Aoe2 DE expierence

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Enter window with Desync message here
Also the UI was gone - much like when you are in the editor and all the UI is gone (probably because they are 2 different UI’s (Scenario Editor UI und Game UI idk)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
Not needed

Hi @BouffantBloom32 !

Is this happening to you all the time? Can you send to us a video? It seems that it is not happening on our side

Thanks!

Will test today evening if I dont forget

1 Like

Yeah happened again.
I opened my scenario (with Default Game Mod) - joined a game via aoe2.net
Then after launch I desync (I heard the others laughing in chat but didn’t see the chat) - with your default Desync message (a restore file has been restored … blah blah)

After exiting that window I was first greeted with a fullscreen, NO UI (it was literally just the game, not a single UI component.
After hitting ESC and going back I saw this (and moved the camera to the corner myself)

THis is what happens when you do it with a Scenario loaded with Vanilla. What happens if you open a scenario with a mod and then join a lobby via link? - Just tested. Trying to join the game from a modded scenario crashes the game

1 Like

Hi again @BouffantBloom32 !

Thanks, with your extra info we could reproduce it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

We are now tracking this issue!

1 Like

While you guys are on it - also please check what happens when you open an aoe2DE lobby link from Singleplayer, Campaign, Options, Modcenter, another multiplayer game etc