JUNE 2022 PUP - Release Notes

Hope not, that would be quite disappointed. iirc, last time PUP note also missed some detail (abt dehli?) as well.

I hope you’re right because as of rn everything is nerffed to ground and if the dynasty upgrades are basically what we got now or if they move some upgrades what we have now in barracks, academy etc to spirit way its huge nerf.

is the PUP out? if so how do I access??? I dont see anything

1 Like

I don’t understand, they improved zoom?

I do a quick guide for devs because apparently they have difficulties to interpret winrates…

When China has a 47% winrates that means it’s the weakest civ.

When Mongol, French, Delhi have around 52% winrate, that means they’re the strongest civs.
Not the opposite !

So maybe don’t give buffs for Mongol, french, delhi, and huge nerf for china !!!

3 Likes

I think it might not be that bad, e.g. if you mass ZGN/FL in feudal/castle, as soon as this landmark drops you immediately get the bonus (old spirit way would need 2-4 mins to pay off) I rethink again I might actually benefit from this change more than I initially thought, but still I want old spirit way for my little SIM city play. xD

I need to explain this to dev that this isn’t true we players can delete the production buildings around the spirit way and change the strategy, only making 3 FL or 2 grenadiers to pay off for the change, we aren’t locked to those units.

meanwhile English and French are getting Buff… almost no one plays with China and it gets the most NERF ever in the game… the imperial landmarks ? trash… both of them, grenadiers ? dont even bother getting the last dinasty… as a main China, i’m very upset to not say somethig worse…

3 Likes

So its my fault that china gets nerffed. Im basically sole +1500 elo player in 2v2 who plays china in this patch xD

Almost every game is french/english combo or one of them and this patch buffes cavalry even higher levels

2 Likes

you crying that siege became useless, and somehow you made a conclusion, that it will be cavalry vs cavalry.
While in reality: man&arms & archers feels themselves better, not cavalry.

Why there are so many "main China players.
every second is “main China”, may be this civ is good enough? if every second pick this civ as main

Some people like the difficulty…

And it’s just a bias of recrutement, because you annonce china nerfs, you only hear about china players complaining.

The pick rate of china is 9 %, while for reference 24% pick french, 20.8 english, and 15 % HRE.

Or you can just say 91% of the players don’t pick china…

You guys have it available? Haven’t had much luck with it yet

NVM it just went live :smiley:

as a Platin III main china (5wins/5played, because i was tired of keep playing ranked xD)… I must agree with you!, almost no one plays with china, its by far the worst in feudal, unless you can manage to get (safely) in feudal dinasty, towers, archery range and barracks and THEN start making units… (by now your enemy is castle and raided your intire base hahahaha)

the imperial landmark, both trash… and dont even bother to get the last dinasty because grandier got so nerfed they are not supposed to be used in game even to hunt boars…

i really did not understand this “update/rework/nerf” on China meanwhile other civs had a very fair and logic rework… i’m at least disappointed

3 Likes

What on earth… That’s a huge list for a game that has a good balance between the civs right now and only needs some adaptions here and there. It’s hard for me to imagine that this magically results in a better balance. But maybe the devs do not aim for balance anymore, I have no idea what their goal is right now tbh.

Also ram health reduced from 700 to 420. So they are nerfing the only strategy to end a game in feudal age? Ok, this makes me quit the game.

2 Likes

What the hell, This is so off the rails man, it already pretty easy to boom nowadays. We need the dev to revert this change before it goes published

Sure buddy. Cavalry specifically knights / lancers are way better than infantry. Only in scenario where infantry / archers can force cavalry to face unfavorable fight like choke point they can win. If cavalry can surround spears / crossbows they cant do anything. And fact is if knight user doesn’t charge at spears so spears brace doesn’t get triggered he can surround them and win the fight easily.

If you think cavalry isn’t too goog rn and completely broken after the patch then I dont know what game you have been playing. If we remove all the leavers I got in 2v2 (meaning person leaves at start of game or leaves after they screw up something but game isnt over etc all kind of bs losses) im well over 60% winrate as chinese who only plays fast castle lancer. Hardly ever push to imperial and only focus harassing and raiding opponent. 20-24min game 75% winrate with this.

Because china mains are unhappy of current state of civ and developers are buffing strongest civs in game while nerffing one of the weakest civs in game without giving them anything in return and this has been their agenda since the launch of AOE4. When did they give china good buff? Basically never. Best buff would probably be IO able to carry 40/80 gold or every 15 seconds IO can deliver gold.

Yet the fact that they have not addressed core gameplay issues of china like how taxes are completely neglected in mid / late game because its not possible to collect them. Or now how chinas identity is completely taken away by them continuing to nerf “gunpowder units” then fuck sake change their identity not include gunpowder if the civ has to be shit with them.

I play china only because its by far hardest civ to play and master. If I can play china at master level then I can play any civ I want while using my toes for playing

3 Likes

New zoom

Map preference System

The Pit

6 Likes
stat from aoe4world - ranked

stat from aoe4world - 1vs1

stat from aoe4world - 4vs4

as you can see not even near to the bottom.

and 47% not bad (sc2 have 60% for PvZ )

China WR via game length

BBQ 60%
feudal - fucked
and good imperial.

direct your energy to ideas on how to balance them in the feudal.

but in reality ppl boom in feudal → loose to aggressive gameplay.

The new Spirit Way is actually good.

Half price and 50% faster Ancient Techniques/any dynasty unit upgrade.
When a dynasty unit dies anywhere you get a 20% attack speed bonus and 20 hp heal in a radius.

Basically network of castles except when your units die and with a heal. Also normal nest of bees takes 3 shots to kill by springald.

Zoom looks way better, although I feel like I’m looking at things from a drone. Perspective is a bit off, too much of a top down view me thinks. Angled slightly lower would look much better.

Edit: Pasting your screenshot here since a lot of people will miss that link: