JUNE 2022 PUP - Release Notes

Ranked +plat - 2nd worst pickrate, 2nd worst winrate
QM +1400 elo - 3rd worst pickrate, 2nd worst winrate
4v4 +1600 elo - 4th worst pickrate, 3rd worst winrate

Yes we can clearly see that civ is outperforming every civ in game by large margin so they deserve massive butchering even more XD

2 Likes

Doesn’t work like that. When DYNASTY units die. Meaning player is pushed to make Zhuge nu, Grenadiers or FL and all of them will be shit so irrelevant

awesome answer add me in game later so we can play double china together :stuck_out_tongue:

Zhuge Nu is not irrelevant, it’s quite powerful and with the Spirit Way buff it should be solid lategame.
Grenadier is nerfed, yes, but not completely nerfed to be useless, especially with this buff it will become more of a support unit than a mindless spam unit.

Also, 7.5 range hand cannoneer on walls with 52 attack and +25% attack speed is very nice.

It’s only zoom out? I was thinking they had improved also zoom in. Not interested in this case.

1 Like

China is the most difficult Civ to play in the game, since it has no “passive” bonus like the other civs, and IF you want a unique unit/ unique building/ especif bonus = you must go 2x the same age, build it or research it paying a too much expensive price!

playing with china = either you’re mediocre (rush firelancers/rush siege/tower rush/full only grenadiers) and if you fail is GG, OR you know how to get the best outcome from base managment and buildings/dinasty bonus in the right moment of the game!

the hardest civ to learn/play SHOULD NOT get this SUDDEN HUGE changes and 90% of them NERF.

Imperial Academy: good only in feudal pretty much
Barbican: unique early defense against fu**ing knights and longbows
Astronomical Clocktower: early siege, but heavly nerf already
Imperial Palace: my favorite land mark, but almost no one likes it because it has the sight of 2 tower basically

from this PUP…, both imperial landmark pure trash, it is not even worth getting the Imp Dinasty, grenadiers hardly killing a boar all imp techs becoming trash as well…

but yeah… French 2 TC/Knights/Crossbow/All Siege of the game is not broken at all, and English MAA dark rush/Farms Buff/50% atk speed to ALL units under tower/castle/tc not broken… LETS NERF THE LEAST USED AND HARDEST CIV hur dur

as a main china, just created this forum account because i’m pissed about the changes.

5 Likes

It’s a Publuc Update preview.

This means that between this and the official patch things might change.

Overall i see good changes.

This is because too many people keep asking for nerfs because they can’t deal with it or they dont like to deal with it. And despite the majority opinion that the devs don’t listen i believe they listen too much.

• And when Devs listen too much to “this is Op please nerf” they end up overnerfing. And this happened on alot of multiplayer games i’ve played over time.

P.S. Probably tomorrow well see high level players and pros reaction. I’m watching Drongo right now and he agrees that China got the short end of the stick in this preview. But as i said it’s still a preview.

1 Like

I mean you can clearly see in all your stats there is French above everything in pick up rate, winrates, in every mods, and you blame China for not being the worst civ in every mods, but just some…

Look the patchnote, they buffed French ! Not a single nerf while they rule the ladder since the release !

If some civ needed some love it’s abassid, and read how weak are the buffs…

And yeah, you complain about BBQ rush, and i agree i don’t like this playstyle, of BBQ and tower rush, but read the patch note, they didn’t nothing to prevent tower rush, and even buff BBQ…

I mean they nerfed late game, what do you think chinese player will do know ?!

That seems great for you for the game ?! I feel like for an emotionnal reason you don’t like china, and can’t think rationnally.

This patchnote will just confirm French, Delhi, Mongol to be invincible, and China/Abassid trash tier/unplayable.

the zoom feels so much better! it plays so well.

you were speaking about china… not even a word about French before.
now you switched?

But yes, i agree boost for French wass too much.
anyway, It’s PUP, i think they check and roll back.

1 Like

This is actually the veteran/elite upgrade to dynasty units (2 for zhuge nu, 1 for fire lancer) + Ancient Techniques.
The bonus HP+attack when a dynasty unit dies could be interesting but losing the discount on dynasty units makes them even less cost efficient… well have to wait a few days to see how it turns out.

1 Like

Thank you for inviting me to play together, but I have kind of taken harder approach for 2v2 and want to play as solo. Playing solo in TG is the hardest thing player can do and if I can reach higher elos it means I can perform well in any scenario =) Tho I hope you find double china team mate best of luck

We’re still speaking about china, it’s just look how bad china is performing, and despite that look how hard it’s getting nerfed… while in the meantime civs that are dominating totally the competition French, Delhi, Mongol received buffs !

It’s PUP, but they’re still testing these changes, and let be honest, they took time to make them, they rarely change their mind.

But what is the thought process here ?!

The thinking is pretty basic => strong civs do nerf them, or don’t buff them (and buff the others)
Weak civs => buff, or don’t touch them (and nerf the stronger civs).
No need to be clever to understand that !

But here we see the opposite…

What we can trust from their tests on the PUP, when after months, they can’t even identify which civs are underpowered and which are overpowered…

2 Likes

I think THIS PANORAMIC ZOOM could be MUCH BETTER

I get more zoom but I’m playing 2D again. THanks RELIC

1 Like

Lets toggle this first. You’re pulling lot of stats out of some weird book that I have no access to so enlighten me if Im wrong now.

Dmg of handcannoneer is 35 and with chemistry its 42 and not 52
25% attack speed from where? There is no such thing. There is 20% increase IF dynasty unit dies.

Hand cannoneers on wall. Sure. And what then? You gonna sit on that wall for rest of game and wait that opponent runs at you? Or are you going to build such simcity which is connected on every area so you can move your handcannoneers on wall? Rarely relevant thing and pointless. How many times do you actually see things on walls? RARELY.

Now about dynasty units.

Zhuge nu is the more useful unit from chinas unique units, but it STILL SUCKS and here is why.

-It requires china to split resource gathering on 3 different resources which is not good.
-They’re bad when kited and they cant deal 100% dmg to moving targets unless target is running towards zhuge nu.
-Useless against armored units, useless against siege, useless against cavalry that runs around.
-Expensive to unlock
-Slow
-Good DPS if targets are standing still and are not high armored targets so essentially throw away cuz knights / lancers are meta alongside MAA

Only reason why we see them made is because song dynasty is so strong and if its used for booming, might as well make zhuge nu for defensive purposes but gets completely stomped by any fast castle tactic or armored units

Firelancer

-Complete trash in everyway and even upcoming buff doesn’t impact them in anyway and stays still trash. They will be essentially as fast as they’re now with yuan dynasty. Still too expensive to get as raiding unit and completely shit raiding unit when lancers can do same thing and cheaper to get and same speed and more tankier and has more uses

Grenadier

As of currently best unit from chinese arsenal especially if following dynasty order is achieved Ming → Yuan. With this grenadiers are really mobile and fast this means player can dodge their counter mangonel really effectively and if paired with lancer they can easily win against any comp with nerfs and changes to spirit way they become most likely shit units like any other dynasty unit. Too expensive to get and do not offer enough value to bring them over something else.

I do agree with devs that it was stupid to have spirit way in such way because it locked china to specific route either stables or archery range but taking away the cost reduction and then slapping some random shit when dynasty units flat out suck makes it just even shittier landmark.

1 Like

WAIT WHAT. Are they ■■■■■■■ kidding me? So spirit way only gives cheaper dynasty unit upgrades?!?!?!?!?!?!!? Whats the ■■■■■■ point. Another huge slap to face. Literally.

Saving 500 resources is ■■■■■■ joke vs what can be saved now. Meanwhile its ALRIGHT FOR FRENCH TO GET -20% COST REDUCTION ON UNITS THAT ARE AROUND KEEPS YES KEEPS. ■■■■■■ they can make gazzilion keeps around the map and have reinforcement distance of 0 squares to fight and have 20% reduction while spirit ways cost reduction was ■■■■■■ tied to single location. Like i want those eels that devs are eating

3 Likes

this was a good patch ! finally!

Oh god i dont like it eww , i hope they put this as an option , i preffer my other camera zoom haha.

Its cool as an option tho!

its meh. Just adjustment that should be on release. Still waiting the real patch.

always wanting something to be on release . Buddy when new civilizations will come , youre going to say that those civs should be on release too?

Be AT least grateful that they are in game now.