Just a Thought: Boar with Muslim, and Cows with Indian civs?

This makes sense for Muslims (depending on when you think Dark Age ends), but not for Hindus.

Do water buffalo not count as a kind of cow? (Genuine question, I don’t know.)

Yes please to Fat Sheep as a new herdable! (Fatter than normal sheep, same food as a cow.)

In alpha versions they were called churches instead, but I’m pretty sure European Christians had monasteries!

1 Like

Yes, but when the quote was made, there weren’t any Hindu civs in the game. Now we just have to ignore real-world religious dietary restrictions entirely, considering the gameplay is primitive enough that animal-type distinctions can’t be made.

As I mentioned before, real-world dietary laws can be challenges that players take on just for fun.

1 Like

Among Indian Civs only Gurjaras (due to Jainism influence) should be preserving Cows (they already have herdables garrison to reflect that), all others did not have too much of a problem slaughtering cows.

1 Like

This is completely wrong. I don’t know what’s up with these “Indian” stereotypes in the west, but no, ###### don’t consider cows as gods. There are some parts of India which consider cows to be sacred, and beef as banned. But there are other places where hindus have no issue with eating cows.

4 Likes

They even consider it as god :slight_smile: but not a problem, kamadhenu and nandhini are the cows considered to be deities emerged directly from the primary god :heart_eyes:

I completely agree with this.

You know how in real life swinging the swords on a building won’t set it on fire or hammering the ground won’t raise a building or how you can’t magically remove an isolated chopped tree. But all of those happen in the game because it is a GAME. Hindu Muslim religious laws don’t matter

1 Like

I accept it fully, it may not effect at all for gaming.

Its a thing in AOE4 though.

1 Like

Idk what your source is on that. Kamadhenu doesn’t emerge from a god, she emerges from the churning the ocean, or from one of the prajapathis. Neither of those is a primary god. Nandi came from a sage, and is a bull anyway.

The southern states, especially kerala and tamil nadu have zero problem with eating cows. In fact, beef is one of the most commonly eaten meat in those states. So, it’s not like Indians have a problem with beef anyway.

Aoe4 doesn’t even have a hindu empire. The delhi sultanate was muslim. If you are saying that pork ban is a thing in AoE4, sure. But even that is not comparable with AoE2.

Its not a state issue, I m from south too Telangana, It does not matter anyways. We have it in our culture.

I find it kind of odd how the only Indian representation in AoE4 is Muslim. Kinda reinforces the stereotypical image of India being primarily Muslim.

2 Likes

The pre independent time was ruled by Muslims, not an issue all are equal.

Historically speaking, south has been hindu, while north has been muslim. In AoE2, Deavidians and Bengalis are primarily hindu, while Hindustanis are muslim. This also extends to AoE4 timeline. There have been a few muslim rulers in the south too, but the north focus means India will be portreyed as muslim.

I don’t have a problem with the representation of the religions, but it would be better to depict south (Dravidians), and Northeast( Bengalis, the ahom kingdom, and even Burmese) separately from a historical context.

South have also been ruled by Nizams, nothing back to pre independent time was all hindu or all muslim

I literally addressed this in my comment.

While not all muslim/hindu, the trend holds strongly. From the time of babur, almost all northern rulers have been muslims. South has had mainly hindu rulers. Northeast has a complex history, not getting into that here.

Anyway, I don’t even know why we are arguing over this. The point is, this topic doesn’t matter. Nobody should care about, or even entertain this. Let our game remain just that; a fun video game. Not a political battlefield.

1 Like

Yes from the time of babur it changed, but pre british rule south had only a few hindu rulers, it was taken by Muslims a lot of the part too. That doesn’t matter who ruled they are all equal, Akbar married Hindu. :heart_eyes: