[Just for fun] Unique bonuses for hypothetical new civs

• After hitting a new age, the techs of the old ages -50% research time. This does not accumulate, eg the Loom takes 12.5 seconds in both Feudal and Imperial Age.

• The resource generation rate of Relic +20% per researched Monastery tech.

• Villager Wagon: Inspired by Settler Wagon of AoE3. The second villager unit at TC, costs 50 food, 50 wood and 2 population, with twice the gathering, construction and repair efficiency of Villagers. This civilization could start the game with 1 Villager and 1 Villager Wagon.

This may have the equivalent version for Fishermen, Shepherds and Foragers.

Like a Serjeant who builds Farms instead of Donjons.
I quite like the idea, but obviously it should be infantry.

2 Likes
  • Siege Weapons regenerates slowly

• Villagers mover 15% faster

• Starts with 2 scouts

• The first 2 Villagers are free

• Militia line +3 attack vs archers

• Crossbowman tech researchs 33% faster

• Relics slowly generates stone

• Bombard canon shoots 15% faster

• Archers +2 melee amor

• Skirmisher line +30 damage to elephants

• UB Bank, if you garrison a villager, it slowly generates gold.

1 Like

It’s not a Vinifrss. Doesn’t talk the same way, and no account with the Anniversary badge can be a Vinifrss, they wouldn’t be dormant long enough.

1 Like

Similar bonus are already exist. I think the crossbow tech can be like Turks free Light Cavalry upgrade or Bulgarians free Militia upgrade. But maybe no Arbalester upgrade for that civ but have a UT that can compensate the unit stat like Bulgarians UT Bagains.

I think it needs -100 or even -150 starting food for compensation

these two bonuses basically already exist for other civs.

this would be completely busted

Similar bonus - First 2 villagers from each TC can be trained for free.

3 Likes

Probably better considering the original bonus seems like its just “start with 100 more food”.

1 Like

You’re right. So essentially an worse version of Lithuanians.

1 Like

Maybe it would be a Defensive civ like Koreans so that they cannot use the extra good to do drush

Yeah, You start only with 50 food, but You can easily scout, and this civ would get a very open tech tree to be very powerful

1 Like

Assuming you are referring to the comments above, if the first 2 villagers are free and you have the standard 200 food then that’s the same as having 100 more food because you’re not spending the food other civs spend for their first 2 villagers. You can still use the extra food for a drush. If the first 2 villagers are free but you start with 100 food to compensate as the comment above me suggests (50 food?), then your bonus literally does nothing.

1 Like

How about starting with two Archers instead of two Scouts?

Even more busted. Seriously who thinks this is balanced?

2 Likes

Heavy Cavalier upgrade replaces Paladin upgrade. Stat, and upgrade cost and time will be in between Cavalier and Paladin.

Houses placed next to a farm generate a very little trickle of food.

-A House generate same food don’t care how many farms would be next to it. Only one farm triggers the bonus.
-Houses that generate food are only those that support pop space. This mean, that once you reach pop limit any house builded will not generate food.
-Any «superior» building that gives pop space (TC or Castle) reduces the trickle

1 Like

one drop off camp that function as mill, lumbercamp and mining camp. farming around your wood line/gold/stone camp, safing wood if ressources are next to each other, only needing this building to go to feudal age, research eco upgrades in one building (as extra bonus maybe wheelbarrow to save TC production time)? its all possible with the brand new MULTIFUNCTIONAL DROP OFF BUILDING :smiley:

3 Likes

the game doesnt consider the age up button as a technology. you can see that with chinese and portuguese

3 Likes

TC spawn a relic when advanced to the Castle and maybe Imperial age. Only the TC that completed the age advancing, unlike Bengalis.

3 Likes

A list of bonuses that made into the game so far.

1. Sort of
  1. Almost there or exactly there

Looks like I was obsessed with Dravidians Team Bonus. 11

7 Likes

Not bad 11

A couple of mine went in

5 Likes