[Just for fun] Unique bonuses for hypothetical new civs

Even having eagles for a african civi is fine,its not an actual unit for inca or maya.

• Spearmen available in dark age, pikemen in feudal, halbs in castle
  • Infantry units +2 line of sight
  • Palisades built faster (maybe between 50-100%)
  • Outposts dont cost a certain resource or are free
  • herdables can capture other herdables

guess which civ i have in mind lol

1 Like

Gate of the Sun: Chasqui and Condor Warrior accompanying Wiracocha

Gate of Sun

(Sea) Eagle Warrior Moche
Eagle Warrior Moche

Chankas Winged Warriors

kero con posible escenificación de la guerra contra los chankas, en Ramos Gómez 2002 884

1 Like

UT: Monasteries generate food

Civ: Blacksmith Infantry armor upgrades are free

Not sure it has been suggested before:

Farm size 2x2 tiles 111

1 Like

been suggested many times :stuck_out_tongue:
ctrl + f

edit: seems they have some stupid forum search instead of the browser one xD

1 Like

I don’t think i said that farms cost food :stuck_out_tongue:

One bonus I was thinking of is related to bombard towers. It may work for Malay, which have an underwhelming late game in TGs. And also they are not that great in 1v1 Arabia (just to have an idea, their stats are similar to the italian ones).

The bonus is: bombard towers cost no stone, or in a weaker version, bombard towers cost no gold.

In 1v1 they maintain either a gold or a cost stone, so they do not become that spammable. In TGs however, they may become much cheaper than now. For a civ with mediocre late game in TGs, it may work!

1 Like

Rams can garrison more units (e.g. 2x units or +2 units)
Suits for an infantry based civ.

10 Likes

UU gain experience over time and become stronger.
Pike wall or shield walls.Beta stuff.
Mercenary companys costing only gold and no population limit.

honestly don’t like this idea t all.

costing only gold i’d be fine with, no pop limit? no thanks.

1 Like

Of course they should be limited to 20 or 10 to balance it off.id suggest it can be a one time thing with 10 units appearing at once.

Minifarms. Farms take less area. More farms around tc or mill. Less walking time for farmers.

1. Relic can be picked up by villager and garrisoned in TC (Won’t generate gold though)
  2. Mill, Lumber camp, Mining camp provides +5 pop space
  3. Carracks upgrade free
  4. University techs are 50% cheap
  5. TC techs are 50% cheap
  6. Mill, Lumber camp, Mining camp techs are 50% cheap
  7. Houses are 40% cheap
  8. Monks +1/+2 range in castle/imp
  9. Skirmishers fire 18% faster
  10. Tower provides +5 pop space
  11. Start with +50 stone (Can built 2 towers with starting resource)
  12. TCs are 25%/30% cheap in Castle/Imp
  13. Siege Engineering free (Requires University)
  14. Fortified Wall/Heated Shot free

Some UT -

1. Villager regenerate 5 HP/min.
  2. Monks can repair siege (cost resource).
  3. Deleted monk will instantly convert non-siege enemy unit (Exact same tech as Sacrifice - formerly Martyrdom. Won’t work if the monk is deleted before its warm up which is 4 - 4.5 seconds in game time). Someone proposed this to replace Saracens UT Madrasah and I liked it.
    4.Garrison Archers fire more arrows.
  4. Castle fire 3 more arrows / Castle +3 attack.
  5. Infantry +1/+2 armor.
1 Like

I think this has potential to be too strong.

this is a bit of a wash, nice boost, especially to archer civs, but honestly most univ techs aren’t researched all that much.

why 18% out of curiosity?

unless the civ is built around towers this seems a bit meh.

this is very meh.

I am going to mention first Siege Tower in this thread:

A siege tower is free (created at siege workshop)
Siege towers costs %50 less.

Funny, today I thought up a concept for a UU that was an archer capable of walking through trees. I feel it would suit civilizations situated in forest or jungle environments very well. To balance them out a bit, these archers could have reduced range and movement whenever they were situated in forests.

I think an example of a new civ that would have this for a UU would be the Congolese (based on the kingdom of Kongo). At the Battle of Mbwila in 1665, archers were apparently their most numerous unit, so Kongo being an archer civ makes sense to me.

This is about to become a meme in suggestion threads 11

Actually this is the kind of design direction I’m worried about. The game has beauty in its simplicity. Imposed artificial limits, new gimicky stas and “innovative” mechanics (cough. charge attack) IMO makes the game less serious and… just weird.
The game engine is not like the one from Battle for Middle Earth where units collide, seem to have a weight, and gain momentum. A shield wall would look clunky, and a charge attack won’t be a proper charge. It would be a first strike bonus that feels alien to the game.

I’m sorry if I sound rude about your proposals, but with new civs coming I’m starting to feel worried about what direction the devs are going to take in regards of civ design.

3 Likes

My bad 11 fixed now (20 characters)

1 Like

All the things I suggested are already done in mods and seems devs are going that path(donjon building unit charging attack)