[Just for fun] Unique bonuses for hypothetical new civs

First Mill, Lumber Camp, Mining Camp are free.

Will save you 300 wood in Dark Age. Is this OP?

New unique building.
Gallow: increase vils and military speed movement but make them easy to convert

Tavern: unique building. Generates gold (same rate one relic) but make all military buildings work 5% slow and vils gather 5% less resources

1 Like

Unique Tech

Infantry units don’t take bonus damage. This won’t be OP as half of the civ don’t even have an unit that deals bonus damage to infantry. It will be mostly helpful for spearman line as they won’t take bonus damage from archer units, essentially 3PA of Malians.

All fishes are revealed when first dock is builded

2 Likes

Barracks and Siege Workshop cost -75 wood. (Cumans parallel)

Forage Bushes last twice as long.

It would be a balanced bonus on a variety of maps. In contrast, the Frank bonus of faster working foragers is a lot more powerful on a map with extra forage bushes. This bonus of longer lasting forage bushes however is not that much stronger on such a map due to the fact that later in the game, Farms become more and more efficient; at some point you’d want to switch to Farms anyway even if you had infinite forage bushes.

1 Like

Banks. Produce gold albeit slowly.

Like the Dutch in AoE3.

For Castle and Imperial Age.

• New Town Centers spawn a Monk unit.
1 Like

Farmers generate 15% wood.
Monks +1 range.
Siege Engineering is free.

1 Like

That’s instant free scouting of the map though, because you can tell where all the islands are. Not to mention I’m pretty sure you can see when fish disappear in the fog of war, so you can find their fishing eco much easier.

Yes, in a way is bigger than vietnamise or burmese bonus.
Anyway, I think you could see the fishes, but not when it depletes. If I’m right that bug was fixed in last patch

1 Like

Possible team bonus that just popped into my head like 10 seconds ago:
-Unique Technologies research 150% faster

4 Likes

“Sabotage”: Infantry get +2 damage against Blacksmith, Siege Workshop and Towers.

“Raiding”: Infantry get +2 damage against Mills, Mining Camps and Monasteries.

2 Likes

Villagers collect stone without mining camps but 10% slower.

1 Like

Those technologies are terrible tbh

Also the stone bonus is niche enough to not need any debuffs

1 Like

I read it more as civ bonuses with names, that would make them pretty decent

Even then they are quite bad. Compared to the Goth bonuses they are quite kniche

And the Goth bonus isnt even that good. If it wasnt a bonus for the Goths who get dirt cheap infantry it would be considered to be quite inconsecuential

Then the answer would be bigger numbers. +3 vs eco building sounds good for maa archers if you target lumber camps

Yeah, Im not a veteran with the precise numbers at hand. Just thinking of something that isn’t particularly severe or combos with another tech.

Just a team type of bonus.

1 Like