Keyboard shortcut on spectators mode needs this change

The current way to switch to different players as a spectator isn’t very efficient. I will explain why and what is the optimal solution for this.
For example, lets say 4 different players join a game and they are in a lobby. Player1, Player2, Player3 and Player4 choose their colors to be Orange, Green, Yellow and blue respectively. For AOE2 DE they are Color8, Color3, Color4 and Color1 respectively. The problem is if you have they Hotkeys setup such as Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3, Alt+4, Alt+5,Alt+6,Alt+7,Alt+8 to watch player1 to player 8 respectively, then you would want Alt+4 to take you to Yellow color player but this is not the case, the game will take you to blue player instead. You expect that when you hit Alt+1, then it would take you to Blue player, but instead it takes you to Orange color player since he is the first player in the lobby. This is very confusing to remember the player position in the lobby. Instead, if the numbers were Color based then there would be zero confusion, 5 would always show TealPlayer Prospective, 6 would always show PurplePlayer Prospective.
Thanks

1 Like

I would even consider the current shortcuts a bug. Ofc the number needs to correspond with the color number.

Hi. At first I thought it to be a bug too but it is actually not a bug. Coding is set up such that the number responds to the Playing Position in the lobby, which is very inconvenient. Here I will explain why, for example, if the first person in the lobby chooses Orange Color then, as a spectator we expect 8 would show Orange Player’s Prospective, but 1 responds to it because he was the first player in the lobby. As a spectator, we do not want to know the player position in the lobby, we just want his color number to respond to him.
For convenience, I use ALT+#number to switch to player’s prospective in spectator mode. However, if 8 players in the lobby are in order of Orange, Green Yellow, Blue, Grey, Teal, Red and Purple, Spectators expect ALT+8, ALT+3, ALT+4, ALT+1, ALT+7, ALT+5. ALT+2 and ALT+6 respectively to work to switch to their desired player’s prospective. But that is not the case, ALT+1 through ALT+8 to switch through Player 1 to Player 8, which makes it clear that it has designed to work on the basis of player position in the lobby. Spectators should not have to go through the trouble of knowing the player position in the lobby. They want the player color to respond according to the ColorNumber.

I hope I wasn’t too confusing there. Anyways thank you for showing your interest.