Kigenishi

Discuss Kigenishi

I like the idea of your Fantasy world stuff. Maybe a bit more cards and unique explorer upgrades would help spice it up.

Thanks for providing feedback!

I agree about adding more cards… I realized during playtesting that there are only so many options right now, compared to the official civilizations. I’ll try to come up with more cards to add to the civilizations.

As for explorer upgrades, I want to be careful not to make them too overpowered. The Nam-eun Emissary can already become very powerful if you use all three cards that unlock abilities. As for the Majin Shinobi, they’re currently a bit flimsy, but they automatically gain abilities that the Japanese Sohei Monks usually require research for. I may look into one or two more abilities (probably using cards/shipments), but I don’t want to make the Shinobi too strong and thus require the player to become reliant on their explorer/hero unit.

After some personal playtesting, one thing I’d love an outside opinion on is the balance of the Big Button moves for the Nam-eun. Right now, I feel like some are essential, but difficult to balance without removing their purpose as upgrades (Guard Post and Steam Temple). On the other hand, some are borderline worthless for most players (Community Plaza). I’m curious if anyone has a different opinion on the usefulness of certain Big Button improvements.

I’m new player and I wanna play these civs
but i dont know how to play these in single skirmish while i can use these civ’s ai
so can you teach me to play your new civ mods
thanks a lot

Can you describe what you’ve done to try to install the mod? I’ve noticed that sometimes, subscribing to a mod on the website doesn’t register in the game, even if you’re on the correct account in both. If the mod isn’t showing up in your mod list in-game, maybe see if you can subscribe/download the mod from the in-game mod manager.

If the mod is installed properly, you should be able to select the new civilizations from the Skirmish selection menu or the Home City menu.