Kings in scenario editor

How can I make the frea-king king stay idle in scenario editor and not run to the nearest castle lol??

Loop a Task trigger to any tile

1 Like

Yep but he won’t stop, he will just keep going back and forth lol.
Tried to set movement speed to 0 but he just doesn’t care :person_shrugging: I guess his survival instinct is stronger than logic… Also he’s a king so maybe he won’t take orders.

1 Like

Kings are always moving to castles, the only king not moving is Shah

1 Like

Which means you can change name and animations of the shah and that would solve OP issue

2 Likes

A few things you can do. I find that Looping both Task and Freeze does the job. Or you can use modify attribute to set the King’s speed to 0 if you don’t need him to move at all. I’m aware of a couple other options if these don’t do the trick.

1 Like

The Shah is a brilliant idea since it’s a middle eastern king I need but I already published the mod (it’s “Dihya - the end of the ancient world”, go try it! :wink:). In the end I literally chained the king to the monument renaming the chain something as “this is the only way to stop kings from moving”.

@SirWiedreich feel free to share the other options, freezing + looping task may work but you would still see him fighting against the trigger. As for setting movement speed to 0 it didn’t work in my case but maybe I did rename the king so that may be why.

Freeze + Stop should work if its on looping with no conditions, I use it to stop them from tweaking if they’re placed on a building (like the Cathedral). You just have to double check that it’s set properly bc sometimes triggers are dumb. Setting Movement speed to 0 also works but you have to do it before you change the name.

Another thing you can do is place a section of cliff under the king, and then rotate it until it becomes invisible. You might have to combine this with the stop/freeze to prevent tweaking.

Or what @CanineCrown7153 referred to, you can just modify the standing graphic of the unit with any property you want to look like a king. If you do this with, say, a merchant, the “king” will move if attacked, but won’t try to garrison in the Castle.

1 Like

Very smart workarounds, I’ll keep them in mind for the future!