Known Issue: Translation & Localization (French Language - Langue Française)

Resignition notice
Current “Joueur 2 a démissionné.”
What it shall be “Joueur 2 a capitulé.”

2 Likes

Hello, the game fails at launch today with Steam! An idea to solve this? Thank you.

In the current version, when playing the Dos pilas scenario, after choosing Tikal (dunno for Kalakmul) most voicelines are replaced with speach from the Bukhara scenario. In the 3rd Dracula mission, the first voiceline is fine, but then instead of saying something like “these bombards should come in handy” it plays the villager voiceline “Dracula comes to free us” Then when you reach said villager you hear instead a soldier crying Dracula got killed even though he is fine, and afterwards all voicelines remain wrong.

1 Like

I’ve tested the game after the Christmas update and noticed several mistakes:
1-the tech tree now claims Cuman cavalry is 15% faster from Feudal age (and not a staggered effect)

In the Lithuanian tech tree it’s still written the bonus affect cavalry (instead of Leitis+knights) and it still says the cap is 5 instead of 4
There is a “c” before the Bulgarian team bonus
And last mistake, the Sarracen tech tree claims only Horse archers get +3 against buildings, yet still displays the parenthesis about skirmishers not getting the bonus

I agree with you that currently the shortcuts for the French version is a bizarre mix between ANSI US (QWERTY) and ISO FR (AZERTY). I agree to integrate AZERTY as a default solution for the french client of the game.
However, the game should not forget all the other French-speaking users who do not necessarily have ISO FR keyboard (for example, the Belgians certainly have AZERTY keyboards but the ISO BE is slightly different from the ISO FR). Not to mention the French speakers who use ANSI US (QWERTY) keyboards.
The game should add default profiles to switch between keyboard layouts easily and so make sure everyone has the same arrangement of the shortcuts on the same grid base.

Thanks

1 Like

No more french voice since last patch

Did you check all the campaigns? Because I’m playing the Sundjata missions and both the narration and in-game dialogue work.

No voice in all campagne, test on other pc and same, a friend test and same, re dowload the game and same

Then I have no idea what that problem might be, and I can just wish you luck cuz devs aren’t really responsive here

In the last Montezuma scenario, in the scout report, the colors of the two Spanish factions are the ones of the HD version, not DE

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build (34793.0 4597979)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Button “Leave map” is not translated.

Reproduction Steps:

Finish a party

1 Like

Game Version:

Build (34793.0 4597979)
Platform (Steam)

Also missing the translation of “Check for Update” in the panel of installed mods

Manque aussi la traduction de “Check for Update” dans le panel des mods installés

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build (35209.0 4667120)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Count down of time is left in English

Reproduction Steps:

Playing “Tamerlane” campaign mission 4 “Sultan of Hindustan”

1 Like

Game Version:

• Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Reset warning is not translated

Reproduction Steps:

Reset graphics option

Game Version:

• Platform (Steam)

Issue:

First sentence is not translated.

Reproduction Steps:

Launch 2 mission of campaign “Le Loi”

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: [French Translation] “Fly Over” Info is not Translated

It’s nice to see the audio was fixed in Dracula 3. Also, I’ve noticed there is an unit called "Arbalétrier lourd " (heavy arbalester) in the scenario editor, which isn’t used in any mission, while in random maps the Arbalester is still called “Fantassin à arc lourd” (Heavy bowman?). The names should be swapped, and the crossbowman (fantassin à arc, ie.bowman) should be renamed “arbalétrier”, as requested many times by French-speaking players.

What is NOT nice however is that the tech tree hasn’t been updated, and the new bonuses are mentioned nowhere. This is very strange as the Khmer farm bonus has been updated accordingly as soon as the update came out (also, friendly reminder that the Saracen archer bonus’ description still makes no sense)

Game Version:

• Build (35584.0 4714640)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Countdown is not translated.

Reproduction Steps:

Play mission 4 of campaign “Attila the hun”

1 Like

Huge thanks for listing out all of these issues, everyone; I’ve written all of them up for investigation by our QA team!

As a note, I’m going to close out this thread now that we have everything written-up, but PLEASE do not let that stop you from submitting translation issues here in the bug category! Be sure to include the following information if you continue to see issues in the game that were not listed here:

• The build number
  • The place where the issue can be found in-game
  • The text line (or “string”) in question
  • The English string (if possible)
  • The suggested change

I will continue to escalate this information to the team for review, and appreciate all of you help noting these issues! :heart:

Happy hunting!

1 Like