Korean civilization - important to add in the game

Korea have so many wonders you know… from gyeongbokgung palace to Fortress Wall of Seoul
And Japan never had a war since Sengoku era. And China was relativily peaceful until Rise of Qing and Opium War with the west.

2 Likes

I’m more talk mechanic wise, not so much actual buildings since no doubt you could find those if you want to.

?Korea is Asian so you can use mechanic that India,China Japan has. What is the problem?

1 Like

that is the thing, they are asian so they need wonders. that means you have to get 5 wonders that are all unique mechanically.

lets look at japan as an example:

they got 1 that directly boost your eco

they got 1 that makes units stonger

they got 1 that gives a special ability

they got 1 that make you able to produce units (in this case shogunate)

and they got 1 misc (in this case x1.5 exp)

those are the 5 roles you need to fill a wonder tree, and there are limits to how many of those you could make while still making them somewhat unique and useful, like honestly i think they where running out of ideas once they got to india as an example.

look at the wonder section. If unpaid modder can create unique wonder effects then I am sure AOE3 team can create something even better

2 Likes

Puyong Hall: Casts the Whirlpool ability, which destroys enemy and friendly ships.

eh, yeah hope we dont see that in game :slight_smile:

i think the 3 first are somewhat okay, all be it 1 of them seems pretty similar to the indian fort.

as i said i do think they can find 5 wonders, but then i would like them to use those 5 ideas on Persia, if they can find 15 somewhat meaningful ones then sure this isn’t an issue, i just doubt they can.

1 Like

To be fair, I can imagine the Persians coming in a middle eastern themed DLC pack. With new Middle eastern themed mechanics instead of wonders.

3 Likes

I really pray that Persians and Koreans will be the next DLC civs for the game.

3 Likes

Cannot agree anymore.

It is better make Koreans as a special semi-civ on the Korea map in the game rather than a complete civ. Players do not need to construct a TP, just defeat the treasure guards and convert the TP, similar to the Silk Road map. When you control it, you can train the Korean units and research the Korean tech like controlling a regular native TP.

4 Likes

I rather have not Koreans then if only available in a single map. I want Koreans as a whole civ in-game alongside China and Japan.

1 Like