Kotyan Khan 5 "A New Home" can't be completed

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 53347
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

You start with 0 resources of everything. If you check videos about this mission, you used to start with 50 stone and then get another 50 stones from the cart to build a Town Center. Since now you start with 0 everything, when you move the cart to the castle, you get the same 50 stone and some wood but not enough to build a Town Center, therefore you can’t even “start” to work on the mission…

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Select Kotyan Khan campaign.
  2. Choose Standard, Moderate or Hard (happens in any difficulty).
  3. Select Mission 5 “A New Home”.
  4. Follow the Cuman Chief.
  5. Choose to stay in Hungary (by the way, the dialog here always says you will go to Bulgaria regardless of what you choose, this has happened since day 1).
  6. Locate the ruined castle (Wonder).
  7. Bring both carts to the castle.
  8. Realize you don’t have enough resources to build a Town Center and that’s it!

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

You are supposed to start with some resources so that when you deliver the carts, you can build a Town Center.

EDIT: According to the wiki, the starting resources are supposed to be 200 food, 100 wood, 100 gold and 50 stone.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

To further expand how bugged this mission is (and how disappointed I am). I managed to complete it in time to get the Achievement “He Won’t Be Back” by doing stuff I’m not supposed to do.

In hopes of getting more resources, I managed to send Cuman Khan to Bulgaria, while also staying to help Hungary, first I triggered the Hungary side of the mission and before the ships left I right-clicked a transport ship with Cuman Khan.

I recommend not sending your hero because you will lose it forever.

With the little wood I got I built a Lumber and Mining Camp and started working on getting enough wood and stone to actually get a Town Center.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the map I could capture some yurts to increase my max population to 130 or 135 (without building houses) this will be a huge time and space saver.

After building the Town Center I did the mission objectives as I would normally, if the scenario worked as expected. Needless to say I wasted almost 6 minutes getting enough resources to build a town center. I defeated Austria in like 42 or 43 minutes, normally I probably would have done so in 35 or 36 like most people report on the guides.

I attack a screenshot of me capturing some houses on the Bulgaria side of the map, even though it’s suppose to lock you out of that side if you choose Hungary.

This mission needs huge fixes.

I recently finished this campaign by first creating a lumber camp and a mining camp. I thought it is usual to get wonky starts in campaign. And it went well as I didnt get attacked right away.

So not having enough for a TC right away was not a problem for me and I am satisfied with the current start, but I don’t know how it was before the current patch, or whether the change you mentioned was intentional.

1 Like

Hey @DemonicLink2926
Thanks a lot for this report, we are now tracking the issue. :slight_smile:
Have a nice day

1 Like