Lag spike when enemy clicks up is still around

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.1156.0 (#66692) 9368025
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I’ve had the suspicion that this old bug was still happening a few times. In the attached game I again noticed a slight lag spike around when I expected the enemy to click up to castle. So I remembered the exact second that I thought this and checked in the rec. Sure enough, it was the exact moment he clicked up

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play an online game and wait for enemy to click up

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

You shouldn’t get this information for free because of feeling a lag spike

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

MP Replay v101.102.1156.0 #(66692) @2022.09.11 201328 (2).aoe2record (3.5 MB)

1 Like

Hi @gwfe8248
Does it occur only if other player click to advance age or does it happens also when you click?
Thanks for the report.

In a MR game I played today, I tried watching out for it again, and sure enough I could feel the exact second the opponent clicked up to castle age. I could not feel the same when clicking up myself. I guess there’s a small chance that it still happens, but you don’t notice it? (because it coincides with an action you do, clicking the button, whereas it is more noticeable when the enemy does it and you experience the lag while performing no action yourself)

But really it feels like it’s only when the enemy clicks up

1 Like