Lakota vs walls in 1v1 Supremacy

Hi @mkaras92!

I made a post the 3rd July where I presented a similar topic such as yours about the problems with the Lakota civilisation siege wise. (About the siege capabilities of the Lakota civilisation)

The Lakota definitely need more proper siege units that are not reliant on the [Charging Ceremony] for taking down both walls and buildings. Having all of their ranged siege options locked behind technologies and cards, excluding the [War Canoe], is a really poor design choice for this civilisation.

1. Club Warrior after Age II is just obsolete. Will be destroyed by ranged infantry from behind the walls in seconds

I also agree with you that the [Club Warrior] is not that viable later in the game. The [Club Warrior] is the Lakota counterpart of the European [Pikeman] unit, and the reason as for why their infantry rooster is inadequate is because they are the only civilisation in the game that lacks an infantry unit who fulfills the role of either a [Musketeer] or [Halberdier] for them.

I mentioned this as well in my post where I suggested that the Lakota civilisation could get access to a second heavy infantry unit that can be trained in the Fortress Age. The idea that I had in mind would be a heavy infantry unit called the “Mauler” which would wield this weapon shown below that is known as the “Double Pointed War Club”.

The “Mauler” will essentially function as a [Halberdier] for the Lakota.

093758fd37c68e311e59994e0b9070f7703bb77e_2_690x318

This War club was used by either the Lakota or the Cheyenne, or perhaps by both of them in battle. If the Lakota did not use this weapon historically speaking, they could then get a Cheyenne warrior that is armed with this weapon and can be trained from the [War Hut]. The Cheyenne tribe were apparently allied with the Lakota in their battles against the United States.

1 Like