LAN / Internet issues

I haven’t tried the latest patch, but over the last couple months when I go to my friends to LAN, weve experienced major lag / connection issues when playing online AOE2 HD at the same house.

Do you know what’s causing this issue?

@KingDankKush said:
I haven’t tried the latest patch, but over the last couple months when I go to my friends to LAN, weve experienced major lag / connection issues when playing online AOE2 HD at the same house.

Do you know what’s causing this issue?

It is recommended to get the latest patches as they fix issues and balance the game. It is also possible that others in the house are using up router bandwidth. Sometimes someones router can only transfer a certain amount of data around the local network and can only receive a certain amount of data from the internet.

Here are some solutions
1 - Politely ask people to stop using high-bandwidth applications and to stop any downloads.
EXAMPLE - Netflix transfers an extremely large amount of data, using up your router’s available bandwidth
The same can be said for downloads.
2 - Use a mobile hotspot to create your own network - On Android, it is possible to use a hotspot without
using any data. I am not sure about iOS though
EXAMPLE - Having your own personal network can mean that you and your friend(s) can have a direct
connection without the hassle of internet
3 - Play at a different friend’s house - sometimes this actually works.
4 - Get the update patch. I cannot stress this enough, UPDATE YOUR GAME. The new patches can help with
internet issues, security issues and general optimization of the game.
5 - If you are using WiFi, switch to Ethernet (If possible). Cable is always faster.

I hope this helps!

SIDENOTE - Cable connections have a higher priority over WiFi connections - make cable more superior than it already is!